Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset at Bourbon Co. (scrimmage)
Anybody going that could post updates? Anyone know if Lake 102.3 will be carrying it?
Not sure the radio is covering it. Looking forward to watching this one! Jumpers have their hands full with one of the states best running backs in Kentayvus Hopkins. Should be an excellent test for the jumpers to prepare them for their opener with East Jessamine.
Doubt radio will be there since it's a scrimmage
JumperPride please update us on how it goes tonight.
Warming up now. Will try to post updates at quarters.
Thanks Shondue.
0-0 end of the first. Moving the ball good. Nice pick-up on 3rd and deep. D looks solid.
Defense looks awesome. A lot of 3rd and longs. 3 min left in 1st half and still 0-0
how is the big back from Bourbon looking?
D not allowing anything up the middle. Somerset pick and 40yd return to end the first half. Still 0-0
Dumpster Diving Wrote:Defense looks awesome. A lot of 3rd and longs. 3 min left in 1st half and still 0-0

Sounds like the defense is doing a nice job shutting down Bourbon County's running back. What is causing the third and longs? Penalties, blocking, turnovers or misfires in the passing game?
I am impressed that Bourbon has gone toe to toe with a quality Somerset team.
End of 3. Bourbon 7-0. That's all for the varsity. JV's on both sides to play the fourth.
Any break down on how O played? D seemed to be in good form.
O line seemed to struggle. Qb situation will be interesting. Castle got shaken up on a play but can throw a hell of a ball and really understands the game. Tyson Williams laid a hit on a kid to oPen the game.

If bourbons running back is one of the best around, our defense is the real deal. He did not get much at all.
O-line still a work in progress. Somersets defense is improved from last year and that is saying a lot as they were very good last year. Talent is there offensively, just have to improve on blocking assignments and things of that nature. Looks like they were rotating guys in and out to get a lot of guys time on offense, but this group should jell nicely as they move forward... They won't have to put up huge numbers if the d continues to play as they did tonight. Final was 22-14 Somerset, Shs varsity ended the 3rd quarter in the red zone on a decent drive and the jv sealed the deal. They're not there yet, but when they start clicking this group will be nice.
Sounds pretty good. I had heard they were trying something a little different with the offensive play calling tonight. I don't know for certain but it may have had something to do with some of the offensive struggles. Either way we should be fine as the season progresses. We had a huge turnover in terms of offensive production this season, may just take some of the guys a little while to settle into their new roles.
For those interested in some of the chatter ar
Posting replies on this little keyboard is not that easy!
Last attempt on the iPhone I swear. Basically, other than the 1st q, we really didn't run the ball. I don't think many of us doubt the talent and speed in our running backs this year, so there was alot (majority) of passing for the 2nd and 3rd qs. Jv played the 4th so castle was qb then. Most of our starting running backs only touched the ball 2-3 times...and compared to Bourbon, well #5 probably carried it 20 times. I really think the offense will be fine. There was a lot of shifting around and experimenting.
GOOD JOB to Bourbon County Varsity Defense they kept Somerset out the end zone and the BC Varsity Offense punched one in right before the end of the 3rd, also like to say Congrats to Somerset, GOOD LUCK to both teams...
This Scrimmage should have ended 2-0 Somerset. Forced a Safety that was not called and the end of 3 QT. Deep ball caught by Bourbon Co. was a fluke, Somerset DB knocked ball down on 4th down play and it landed in Bourbon Co. player hand Oh well. Both teams played well. Somerset held Bourbon Co. Running Back to about 60 total yds. The future looks bright for the Jumpers.
That long ball was more terrible defense than a fluke in my opinion. Looked like erratic arm waiving rather than trying to knock it down. He was lucky to even have deflected it and bourbon co was lucky to have it land on him!
Dumpster Diving Wrote:That long ball was more terrible defense than a fluke in my opinion. Looked like erratic arm waiving rather than trying to knock it down. He was lucky to even have deflected it and bourbon co was lucky to have it land on him!

Key word being landed on him.lol
I think Somerset comes back this week and run's the ball a lot, I think they look for their big TE's and the Off. looks a lot better.IMO
I wouldn't be overly concerned about the offensive line. The talent is there. It might take a couple of games to get someone to become more confident making the blocking calls and adjustments. None of them have done that at the varsity level yet. Someone will step up and they will be fine.
Norm, I agree. This Off. line can and will be a good one before the season is done.
I agree. I think this team is going to be really great. Absolutely would rather them find places to work on during a scrimmage rather than later in the season!
On the tip ball the kid from Bourbon jus made a good play stayed with it & caught it, both teams were competitive, good luck to both teams...