Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Players in the State for the 2012-13 season?
Who are some of best/exciting players through the state to look for this season.
UK signee Derek Willis
Here are 50!

Darryl Hicks, Jack Whitman
LaVonne Holland, Shane Hall
Stuart Jackson, Justin Johnson
Brock Kiesler, Omar Prewitt
David Levitch II, Mike Smith
Dwayne Marshall, Antonio Campbell
Demetrius McReynolds, Ray Kasongo
Josh Payne, Larry Morton
Randall Pickett, Christian Cunningham
James Quick, Zack Chaykowsky
Trey Rakes, Brandon Hatton
Miles Rice, Nate McGovney
Rusty Troutman, Mason Monroe
Derek Willis, Hunter Biven
Lamontray Harris, Jordan Brangers
Kelan Martin, Jordan Cooper
Antonio McDaniels, Blake Sanders
Craig Owens, Braxton Beverly
Trey Grundy, Quinn Richardson
Robert Shaw, Tanner Clark
Quentin Snider, Braxton Mcfarland
Trey Grundy, D'Angelo Hunter
Jackson Davis, Camron Justice
Jordan Green, Boo Crabtree
Jordan Majors, Sam Sergeant
christian mcclendon, cov. holy cross - senior

he can effectively play at the 1, 2, 3, and 4. very aggressive and intense on defense, but does a great job staying out of foul trouble. offensively, he can be streaky, but can attack the rim better than most in nky.

he's being recruited by several D2 schools like virginia union, west liberty, midwestern state, kentucky state
IMO: Dominique Hawkins - Madison Central
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ekff Wrote:IMO: Dominique Hawkins - Madison Central

He is awesome
I can't believe I missed him!
Kentucky has great talent to watch this upcoming season.

Here's some players I think people should really go see this season:

Dominique Hawkins (Sr.) - Madison Central

Quentin Snider (Jr.) - Ballard

Derek Willis (Sr.) - Bullitt East

Darryl Hicks (Sr.) - Trinity

LaVonne Holland (Sr.) - Ballard

Antonio Campbell (Sr.) - Holy Cross

Jack Whitman (Sr.) Lexington Catholic

Mike Smith (Sr.) - Dunbar

Shane Hall (Jr.) - Johnson Central

Nate McGovney (Sr.) - Campbell County

Ray Kasongo (Jr.) - TBA

Brandon Hatton (Jr.) - Dixie Heights

Justin Johnson (Jr.) - Sheldon Clark

Jackson Davis (Jr.) - Lafayette

Lamontray Harris (Jr.) - PRP

In no order, just some players that I've seen play and people should go check them out. May have misspelled some names just did it off of memory.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Some pretty good players you all have listed. It seems like Kentucky high school basketball is putting out much more quality players than it has inte past 5-6 years...
ekff Wrote:Kentucky has great talent to watch this upcoming season.

Here's some players I think people should really go see this season:

Dominique Hawkins (Sr.) - Madison Central

Quentin Snider (Jr.) - Ballard

Derek Willis (Sr.) - Bullitt East

Darryl Hicks (Sr.) - Trinity

LaVonne Holland (Sr.) - Ballard

Antonio Campbell (Sr.) - Holy Cross

Jack Whitman (Sr.) Lexington Catholic

Mike Smith (Sr.) - Dunbar

Shane Hall (Jr.) - Johnson Central

Nate McGovney (Sr.) - Campbell County

Ray Kasongo (Jr.) - TBA

Brandon Hatton (Jr.) - Dixie Heights

Justin Johnson (Jr.) - Sheldon Clark

Jackson Davis (Jr.) - Lafayette

Lamontray Harris (Jr.) - PRP

In no order, just some players that I've seen play and people should go check them out. May have misspelled some names just did it off of memory.

Nate tore his ACL this summer and has had surgery. You will most likely have to wiat till after Christmas to go see him play.
Bullitt East has 3 of the top 20 seniors in Demlings last ranking. I will try to watch them when they come back to Montgomery County for the Joe B Hall.
I saw Omar Prewitt play in Orlando this past week an was extremely impressed with him. Didn't even know who he was at the start of the game but he certainly stood out. Darryl Hicks looked like a quality player as well. The '13 and '14 seem to be shaping up to be two of the better classes that have come out of Kentucky recently.
butlerway Wrote:I saw Omar Prewitt play in Orlando this past week an was extremely impressed with him. Didn't even know who he was at the start of the game but he certainly stood out. Darryl Hicks looked like a quality player as well. The '13 and '14 seem to be shaping up to be two of the better classes that have come out of Kentucky recently.

Prewitt plays in our district, so I have seen him play many times. Glad he is having a great AAU summer.
butlerway Wrote:I saw Omar Prewitt play in Orlando this past week an was extremely impressed with him. Didn't even know who he was at the start of the game but he certainly stood out. Darryl Hicks looked like a quality player as well. The '13 and '14 seem to be shaping up to be two of the better classes that have come out of Kentucky recently.

Omar seems to b a pretty good player. I've only seen him play in person 3 times and he had bad games everytime I was there... But the way everyone talks he must b the real deal...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IMO opinion if your talking the best player it's obviously Quentin Snider of Ballard. Most exciting though may be Derek Willis of Bullitt East, very versatile game and has a very good group of guys with him Rakes, Troutman and Elliot Young are all solid.
Bullitt East is the best team I saw all summer. They have had two straight trips to the sweet sixteen and have all their guys back plus the kid that was injured the last half of the season last year. Derek Willis is the ultimate team player.