Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
57th District
Everybody's thoughts and opinions?
Johnson Central clearly favorite. They have the depth and pitching until another district teams steps up and knocks them from the top of the mountain they have to be considered No. 1.

I have the Tigers at No. 2. They have good young talent that should make them better offensively, and if the young arms step up they will have a solid pitching rotation.

I have the Hornets at No. 3 I believe the Hornets have the top pitcher in the 57th this year in Blanton and if Howard is on 2 of the top 4 or 5. If all the seniors will stay and play for coach miller then their offense should be able to score enough runs to support Howard and Blanton. The reason I don't have them higher is because arms after the top two are very young.

I have the Cardinals and Bulldogs tied for bottom spot, for this season, because both offense and pitching is a ? for both. Both are young and somewhat unproven. Both teams have very good young talent and either could be a surprise of the District.

2, 3, 4 and 5 could easily flip flop at any point in the season.
I think Lawrence County will surprise a lot of people. Are they young? Yes they are, but if you talk to the coaches and kids playing, they are very optimistic and excited about this year. They will have a very good pitching rotation with several guys capable of delivering any night. This team is loaded with speed, and I think one of the best catchers in the region in senior Clark Rice.
LC will have ( Wallen, Kingsmore, Cavins, Stevens, Bailey, Turner, Salyers) in pitching staff. Several good arms