Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPIKE Team Camp?
Does anyone know how the UPIKE team camp is going this week?
Sheldon Clark 54-45 over Johnson Central to win Upike team camp tourney.
And yes JC had all there players. SC was without PG Parsley and PF Rice great
Way to end the summer ball. Won 3 in a row to win tourney today beat Haysi Va 65- 52 1st game, beat Wesley 52- 34 game 2
Watched SC dismantle a very good SV team, they are for real and must be dealt with this coming season in the 15th. Hard to predict who will put it all together at this point but I would not want to meet SC in the first round of the regional. I still think JC is the team to beat simply because they have all the pieces returning from their championship team last season. I think SC, SV, ER, and maybe Magoffin could upset the repeat given they can overcome the Shane Hall factor.
Wildcat man Wrote:Sheldon Clark 54-45 over Johnson Central to win Upike team camp tourney.
And yes JC had all there players. SC was without PG Parsley and PF Rice great
Way to end the summer ball. Won 3 in a row to win tourney today beat Haysi Va 65- 52 1st game, beat Wesley 52- 34 game 2

How did Pikeville play in this camp? I heard Wesley Christian defeated them?
Does anyone have anymore scores of other teams?
Cougar Connection Wrote:How did Pikeville play in this camp? I heard Wesley Christian defeated them?
Does anyone have anymore scores of other teams?

Wesley defeated Pikeville 41-38.
Pikeville was w/out three starters. Not saying they will win region this year or anything, but full strength they will handle Wesley easily
Always excuses when a team that isn't heard of beats a public school lol. What about when wesley beat belfry by 18? Won 4 games against public schools. Always NO credit
How did they do against Knott Central
killerb Wrote:How did they do against Knott Central

How did KCC do against everyone? Did they play SC?
Knott was undefeated for the summer....did not play SC at Upike...played Johnson Central without Shane Hall , Pikeville, Tug Valley, won all handily....
Knott looked really good this summer. It is scary how well those young guys play. As for Wesley, I am sorry but they will probably not get any credit until they get into the KHSAA where they can play some of the "big boys". Summer basketball is really meaningless as far as wins and losses. Most good teams will play all of their players in the summer to help them get better and not worry as much about the final result. The season is what counts and until they can play some of these teams when it matters then there is no credit to be given. I am not trying to start an arguement but that is basically the truth that almost everyone would agree with. If Wesley beat Pikeville during a regular season game then they would get credit. As for now that game is meaningless.
Name the three starters that did not play against Wesley Christian TWSS. Sounds like Pikeville may start three or four freshman next season.