Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Police Investigating Officer Web Pages
(AP) -- Several Lexington police officers face an internal investigation and possible disciplinary action after posting details of arrests and comments on one officer's web page.

Police Chief Anthany Beatty would not say what the punishment might be for posting the comments on MySpace.com, but said discipline can include anything from a written reprimand to suspension to termination.

The web pages included discussions about police work, comments on arrests, including the recent arrest of country music singer John Michael Montgomery, and derogatory language about the mentally disabled.

The four officers, Joshua Cromer, Richard Cole Sisk, Gene Haynes, and Aaron Richard Noel, made comments on the web pages such as saying they work for the "snobby people of Lexington" or the "Lexington Fayette Urban Communist Government."

Many of the pages featured Lexington police badges or photos of the officers in uniform, along with commentary about the physically handicapped and gays.

Beatty said there are "possibly more" than the four officers involved, but he would not say which officers will be disciplined because the investigation is ongoing.

Montgomery's attorneys, Brent Caldwell and Jon Woodall, said they had heard rumors about the sites and are sending a subpoena to the operators of Myspace.com to collect possible evidence.

Beatty said the department will look at creating a policy about posting on such web pages.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Wow...Those guys should know better than to put their jobs at risk like that by being so damn stupid...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Wow...Those guys should know better than to put their jobs at risk like that by being so damn stupid...

That's what I was thinking, why would they do that really....
Well I guess they thought that it was there personal page and what they do on there free time but to put stupid shit like that is just stupid they should lose there jobs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
What stupid ass people
they are the cops. they can do whatever they want.it probably has something to do with fighting terrorism,homeland security,seatbelts,wiretaps,e-mail searches or any number of things that might catch their attention.
Some, I say some Lexington cops really use the badge to intimidate people around here. I have been pulled over by these younger cops many times just because of the car I drive. I have gone to court and gotten out of every petty traffic violation they have ever given me. These cops are the ones that give the force a bad name and it is a shame.
Thats like me putting info about unannounced laser printers that are under development.