Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville - vs.Bishop Brossart (Round 1 - State)
6/4 6:00
Should be an interesting game, IMO. Pikeville will have Maynard, Hamilton, and Ward all available to throw this game, Burke is not available until Tuesday. Only opponent these two teams have in common was George Rogers Clark, both teams own wins over GRC in the regular season. I'm going to be a homer here and pick the Panthers 4-2 winners.

Looking forward to see if Gavin Miller and Randy Maynard (as well as Hamilton) shine brightest on the big stage like they did 2 years ago. Will be fun to see if anyone else steps forward. Way I see it though, they are in the most loaded bracket, so they will have to clean up some of the mental mistakes (baserunning especially) to advance. Should they win, they will most likely square off against St. X, no easy task, Out of the bottom bracket, Ashland Paul Blazer has potential to make noise.
I'm taking the home town boys.

Go Panthers!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
kind of hard to believe two class A programs made it to the state tourney & matching up first round. will take the panthers to move on to the final 8.
Bishop is up 4-1 in the top of the 6th. Jacob Hamilton into pitch and walks the first batter he sees.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Sac Bunt and then two nice defensive plays leaves the runner at second. Pikeville heads to the bottom of the 6th down 4-1.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Bishop is up 4-1 in the top of the 6th. Jacob Hamilton into pitch and walks the first batter he sees.

I am assuming that Maynard started?
I think so. I came in and caught it just after the pitching change. There is no play by play on IHigh for some reason.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:I think so. I came in and caught it just after the pitching change. There is no play by play on IHigh for some reason.

Well, the tournament directors at Pikeville High School shot their own selves in the foot this time by the way that they handled the regional tournament scheduling. Hamilton was eligible to start this game today but I guess after 126 pitches in 6 innings on friday, his arm has to be dead and add to that, that Burke is burnt.
^ Contrast that with Brossart pitching Fardo in every big game so far in the post season and the three wins he has racked up in them.
Bob Seger Wrote:Well, the tournament directors at Pikeville High School shot their own selves in the foot this time by the way that they handled the regional tournament scheduling. Hamilton was eligible to start this game today but I guess after 126 pitches in 6 innings on friday, his arm has to be dead and add to that, that Burke is burnt.

Dead on right again.