Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County Coach is Going Nowhere
Estill Co's Coach says he is going nowhere, that the only opening is for a pitching coach. So why is Gene Combs Interviewing? Will he go there as an assitant or does the Estill Co's Coach not know what is happen?
Last I heard he was suppose to be going back to College after the season, I've heard that from 2 different people and one of them happens to be a parent, now whether or not that's true I don't know. I'll try and see what I can find out tonight. The Pitching Coach is one of the Coache's Friends not sure what's going on there. I don't think Combs has interviewed with Estill I know he's interviewed with Knott Central. I don't think he would come to Estill to be an assistant when Knott Central is open and I'm assuming other schools will be open.
The pitching coach is the one going back to college. I have heard the words out of Gene's mouth that he is interviewing this week at Estill. It is only 35 to 40 mins from his house in mt sterling and he has a wife that doesn't want to move.
Thanks. I didn't know that. I know there talking about going to Florida next year not sure if there going to or not but they are talking about it
dkrude Wrote:The pitching coach is the one going back to college. I have heard the words out of Gene's mouth that he is interviewing this week at Estill. It is only 35 to 40 mins from his house in mt sterling and he has a wife that doesn't want to move.

This made the most sense to me when I heard Coach Combs was leaving MC. Best of luck to Coach Combs where ever he ends up.
but would Combs be alright as an Assistant? Would he bring his sons with him or would they still attend Montgomery County?
don't know what Combs will do, but Jamie Couch was offered the KCC Job yesterday and if Gene wants to be coaching in the 14th region, he may not have a choice.
When is Gene suppose to meet and interview with Estill? It would have to be Saturday because he has games this week. I know him and Coach Sparks know each other well so we'll see where it goes. I would love for Coach Combs to come to Estill, I know a lot of people would like that as well.