Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Fantasy Matchups
My list:

Highlands vs. Bowling Green - Bowling Green was loaded last year and had arguably the best team in the history of their program. Although they lose a lot, there is no doubt that they will be among the elite in 5A and a top contender for the title.

Highlands vs. St. Xavier (KY) - St. X probably would have been a slight underdog playing against Highlands last year, arguably the best team in the state behind Trinity. Would have been interesting to see that game because I am sure St. X would be playing with a chip on their shoulder. Despite being "down" by their standards, this would have been an excellent matchup. However, I expect them to be much tougher this year. On Trinity's level? Not sure at the moment, but if anybody knows how to beat Trinity it is St. X. They will be better this year and I think will be a threat to anybody they play.

Highlands vs. Trinity - Trinity is nearly unbeatable. But what the heck? Would have loved to see my Bluebirds give it a shot. Would like to see this one day be a regular season game again.

Sort of old school, but I would have liked to see this 2008 matchup (as would RIUTG)....I can't believe this much time has flown by lol. I would like to see the 08 Whitley County team and the 08 Johnson Central played. We played both teams in the playoffs and were two tough, grind it out power running teams that would have had an interesting matchup had they played each other. I thought of this game when RIUTG and I were discussing our game against Whitley County in 08 in another thread.

What are the fantasy matchups you would like to see for your school?
^
Take Highlands out of the picture, and you would have seen a JC/WC matchup to go to state, assuming JC could have got passed Bryan Station, which might have been Highlands' toughest game of the playoffs.
It would have been a very evenly matched game.

I think everybody in the state would like to see a Highlands/Trinity matchup every year.
I would also like to see a Bell/Belfry, Corbin/Whitley, and Perry/Hazard.