Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Showing Interest in Xavier Transfer
Jeff Eisenberg of Yahoo.com is reporting that Kentucky has shown interest in Xavier's second leading scorer the past two seasons.

Mark Lyons, Xavier's second leading scorer the past two years, intends to transfer and will become eligible immediately if he finishes his degree this spring, CBSSports.com first reported on Sunday. Brewster Academy coach Jason Smith said via email Monday morning that Arizona, Kentucky and Kansas are among the schools that called or texted Sunday to express "very preliminary interest."
Read Entire Article

Kentucky definitely a little shallow at the guard position and having some experience in the backcourt would help as well.

http://www.nationofblue.com/f37/kentucky...#post56493
Looks like his experience would be a big help. Not to mention some needed depth for the backcourt.
HAHA!!! Zip em' up!!!

In all seriousness, Lyons needs to get away from Cincinnati. He's unhappy at Xavier, some of the coaches are unhappy with him, and Mack is trying to build something with the young guys he's got.

Lyons is a great player, but I don't know if his style of play fits in with Calipari and UK. When he's not "the guy" on the court, his play can get sloppy.
Cal will Zip him up if he tries anything stupid though.
He has a lot better control of his program.
However, ill take any good additions. Its not like Polson or Malone will see the court anyways.
Don't want any player from either team in Cincinnati. All are thugs and it showed when they played each other.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
Amun-Ra Wrote:Don't want any player from either team in Cincinnati. All are thugs and it showed when they played each other.

^this and I don't think we need him anyway.
my bet is he ends up at Arizona with Sean Miller, the coach that recruited him to Xavier. He won't get the playing time he wants at UK, but he will in Arizona
^ That was my first thought when this was reported. And quite frankly a great move!
No doubt, Zona bound. Would be very shocked if he ends up anywhere else.