Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 11 Magoffin Co 3
Tigers win their first district game of the season. No stats.
Pitchers?

Howard vs. VanHoose?
It was Blanton vs.VanHoose
Alright here ya go:

MC......2..2..5
PHS....13.9..4

Pitching:
MC....T. Blanton:..3 INs, 122 Ps, 65 Bs, 57 Ss, 10 BBs, 5 Ks, 6 Hs, 2 2B, 1 3B,8 ERs
........JD.Kazee:....1 INs, 20 Ps, 7 Bs, 13 Ss, 1 BBs, 0 Ks, 3 Hs, 2 ERs
PHS:..Vanhoose:...4 INs, 56 Ps, 20 Bs, 36 Ss, 0 BBs, 3 Ks, 0 Hs, 0 ERs
........T. Carrol:.....1 INs, 27 Ps, 13 Bs, 14 Ss, 1 BBs, 1 K, 2 Hs, 0 ERs

Tigers played well tonight. Made a couple of errors that will not be made later in the season. VERY routine stuff. That WILL not happen later in the season. With time comes confidence. Love the upside for this TIGER team!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
baseballfan Wrote:It was Blanton vs.VanHoose

Dials strategy must have been to throw off at least one game in the series.
OffTheHook Wrote:Alright here ya go:

MC......2..2..5
PHS....13.9..4

Pitching:
MC....T. Blanton:..3 INs, 122 Ps, 65 Bs, 57 Ss, 10 BBs, 5 Ks, 6 Hs, 2 2B, 1 3B,8 ERs
........JD.Kazee:....1 INs, 20 Ps, 7 Bs, 13 Ss, 1 BBs, 0 Ks, 3 Hs, 2 ERs
PHS:..Vanhoose:...4 INs, 56 Ps, 20 Bs, 36 Ss, 0 BBs, 3 Ks, 0 Hs, 0 ERs
........T. Carrol:.....1 INs, 27 Ps, 13 Bs, 14 Ss, 1 BBs, 1 K, 2 Hs, 0 ERs

Tigers played well tonight. Made a couple of errors that will not be made later in the season. VERY routine stuff. That WILL not happen later in the season. With time comes confidence. Love the upside for this TIGER team!
Wow!!! "122 pitches" with "10 walks".......... IN "3 INNINGS"? Come on now coach, you know better than to ever throw anyone "122 pitches", let alone the first week of the season.:dontthink
The reason Howard didn't pitch is his shoulder has been hurt and the DR just released him yesterday for the field only he had hurt his arm at Belfry
Sorry, I posted the wrong final score.:flush:
rockymt Wrote:The reason Howard didn't pitch is his shoulder has been hurt and the DR just released him yesterday for the field only he had hurt his arm at Belfry

Doing stuff like throwing 122 pitches the first week of the season will certainly do that to you every time. Hopefully he wasn't out there doing that same thing?
The Pitcher for mc had some good stuff but he got no help from his defense at all.
Bob Seger Wrote:Wow!!! "122 pitches" with "10 walks".......... IN "3 INNINGS"? Come on now coach, you know better than to ever throw anyone "122 pitches", let alone the first week of the season.:dontthink
The good pitcher MC had in 2012 literally had to ask his coach to come get him after 127 pitches at Pikeville (Probably 75 breaking balls). Like, he had to walk off the mound and motion for him to come out.
Actually, I am the kid that was on the hill during that game against pikeville in 2010. I didn't practically beg coach to take me out, Dials asked me numerous times if I was fine. And I was, the only reason I pulled myself out of that game was because we had JC coming up next week, and I knew I was on the hill. So I pulled myself, for a bigger game. I told Dials one time and he said okay, breaking balls never hurt me. Dials is a very fine coach, in fact if it was for Brenton I would have never had half the talent I did my senior year. Go get em coach!!
Panther Thunder Wrote:The good pitcher MC had in 2012 literally had to ask his coach to come get him after 127 pitches at Pikeville (Probably 75 breaking balls). Like, he had to walk off the mound and motion for him to come out.
He did the same thing in this game actually.
Pupaw Wrote:He did the same thing in this game actually.
I meant 2010 in that first post, but that is crazy.

That is just dangerous and irresponsible.
Ok I talked to Dials today, first off a few things need to be said. Howards injury is not his shoulder it is a pulled muscle in the lower part of his back. Could have probably pitched this past weekend but said it wasn't worth risking his arm or his back this early in the season. The other pitcher the big lefty had shoulder surgery on his glove arm due to a football injury. He hadn't been able to get much bull pin work in and was having some tendonitis so he choose not to pitch him as well...
Now for what everyone is so upset about. The kid that threw 120 pitches did so because of his mental aspect. The kid was down because no one was making plays behind him. He let that affect his pitching. Was told that he was only left in to force the kid to work through it. Said that he has had that kid every day since last August in the weight room and throwing. On top of that the kid had also been doing physical therapy on both arms this off season since November to be prepared for this year. His arm is in better shape then most pitchers by end of season already. Not saying that I agree or disagree with it, but I guess sometimes kids have to learn not to quit because other people are not doing thier jobs.
I would venture to say if you asked any of his kids they would say that he is more then concerned about thier well being and the person that they become after ball. I kinda think that this is being blown outa porportation. There are a ton things that come into play in some situations that everyone may or may not know.
Still would you want your son out there for that many??? I know I wouldn't
Actually, its hard to say if I would want my kid out there for that many pitches. Its a completely different my kids attend Johnson County and they have a winners attitude due to the tradition that the school system has jsut as Paintsville, Lawerence, Pikeville, etc have. Magoffin has had a lot of talent for a number of years, but they dont have the winning mentality. We all have seen them basically quit in every sport when things don't go there way basketball, football, baseball... Basically any sport that the girls teams are not involved in. The only way there kids will learn is if they are forced to work through things when things are not going the way they think that it should.
If it was my kid, yea I think that I would rather them be forced to suck it up and work through things rather then being bailed out because he or she didn't like the way people were performing behind them. Its this quitters attitude when things get bad that has our country in the condition its in. Now if this was something that was occuring on a regular basis I'd have issues with it. But I know its not, and it was done as a teaching tool not because a coach was trying to win a game, this ballgame was already over.
Well if that's the way you want to treat your son that's up to you but not me I've watched JC and PV and neither schools coach would use that method on any of there players.