Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(1) Kentucky 74 - (19) Florida 71 (Semifinals - SEC Tournament)
Cats improve to 32-1 (18-0 SEC)
Sheeeewww!
I think Murphy just scored again. They still can't find him.
Lol guys on ESPN are going crazy over Carolina getting the calls again.
IMO, Florida played their best game of the season. They hit 11 from behind the perimeter and still struggled to keep up at the end of the game! I would hope that the UK players are starting to realize that they have to come to play for 40 minutes and not just show up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lol guys on ESPN are going crazy over Carolina getting the calls again.

Digger Phelps arguing his heart out that the call shouldn't have (Which it wasn't) been called a charge that there was no foul there. I hate him!
UK had a chance to put Florida away and really blow the game open. What concerns me most is when Kentucky got a 9 point lead they let off the gas.
Well, I don't really think we let off the gas as much as Florida stomped on it with their 3-point shooting. Every ESPN, CBS, NBC, newspaper and cable news college basketball "analyst"/reporter has said over and over that the only way to beat Kentucky is if you beat them with a Florida-type offense that excels at 3pt shooting AND Kentucky is having a bad game....well, Florida shot about as good as they ever have from behind the arc today, and we didn't have that great of a game. Just goes to show how great this team really is, and their intestinal fortitude in coming back from 10pt+ deficits and fighting through to victory even when they're not on top of their game.

I love these boys...I CAN NOT WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW!!!
They were up 9 and had Florida players hanging their heads . They proceeded to run the shot clock under 10 seconds before they even began to look to score on the next 3 possessions. That took away the aggressiveness and allowed Glorida to regroup. That is as bad as the prevent defense in football.
Game Ball: UK's Starting Five

----

Good Thoughts:

- Terrence Jones, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Anthony Davis, Doron Lamb and Marquis Teague all played very, very well. It was particularly satisfying to see Teague bounce back so strongly from the abysmal game he had yesterday, and Terrence Jones continues to impress me with his intensity and determination. He is peaking at the right time.

- Kentucky's mental toughness was truly on display in this game. They never once quailed at being down, they never showed the least bit of doubt or concern about the outcome, and they focused very much on team basketball. They also rebounded the basketball surpassingly well, particularly offensively.

- Kentucky also did a great job of avoiding fouls. Florida went to the line a whopping 2 times in this game, and that is an amazingly low number.

----

Not So Good Thoughts:

- I think Kentucky could have played better defensively -- in fact, I know they can, because they did down in Gainesville a week ago. Kentucky also shot the ball poorly from three, and Darius Miller, who has been playing very well up until yesterday, was not able to be a factor offensively although he did do some good things otherwise.

- I was also a bit disappointed by our lack of ability to finish through contact -- a problem that has reared its head a few times this year. This game really did nothing to dispel the perception that Kentucky does not play well in games with a lot of contact, and I think if there is one thing that coach Calipari should really harp on after this game, it is physical toughness, because Kentucky is going to need it.

- I thought Kentucky dogged it a few times getting back on defense, and that's unlike them. They allowed at least two end-to-end baskets that just drive coaches -- and knowledgeable fans -- crazy.
I didn't see any of it, but it sounded like a great run in the 2nd half by the Cats to hold on.
FBALL Wrote:They were up 9 and had Florida players hanging their heads . They proceeded to run the shot clock under 10 seconds before they even began to look to score on the next 3 possessions. That took away the aggressiveness and allowed Glorida to regroup. That is as bad as the prevent defense in football.

Yeah, but ya can't blame them for trying to run the clock out. If they had kept attacking when they were up by 9, and let UofL get back in it, we might've not have had enough time to secure the win.

Ahh, Idk, we got the win and I'm proud of that, lol.
Florida beats any other team in the nation today. They played very well. They shot near 60% the first half and was still down 1 going into half. UK got nothing out of Miller again and still won the game. UK is not playing on all cylinders yet and when that clicks, which I think it will in the NCAA's, no team will beat us.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
^^
It better click!! I got so mad during the LSU game, that I swore I wouldn't watch them today. Buttt, I did anyway!!

LOL I hate Phelps, too!!
Donavon was complaining that Florida shot only 2 free throws for the game. Well, when you're chucking up fifty 3 pointers you're not going to get fouled very often. I actually thought the Gators got away with a bunch of fouls on rebounds, particularly Murphy.
Yeah if your going to live with the 3 you are not going to get to the line a lot. I thought they let some physical play go down low for both teams.
Florida shot the ball well all say.
They almost pulled this one out of there ass.
As Amun Ra said, they would have beat any other team in the country today.
LOL shit.
Florida played the best game they possibly could have. They looked like a Final Four team today. That speaks well to Kentucky though, because the Cats fought through it and got the victory.
Overrated Wrote:LOL shit.
What's your problem? Explain your damn comment. Otherwise stay the hell out the thread if you have nothing to add except for stupid inmature posts. We understand, you like a team that no one else in theis states gives two shits about. I respect that. Stick to it. But if you are gonna comment at least add to the discussion and not just look like a jackass.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

LOLOLOLOLOL. So Florida beats anyone else but UK today.. Thats funny... funny.. hope I don't get banned again.

You happy now you clown?
Yea they do. Obviously they don't beat UK considering they just got beat by UK. Since they scored more than fifty, Syracuse would have lost to them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Amun-Ra Wrote:What's your problem? Explain your damn comment. Otherwise stay the hell out the thread if you have nothing to add except for stupid inmature posts. We understand, you like a team that no one else in theis states gives two shits about. I respect that. Stick to it. But if you are gonna comment at least add to the discussion and not just look like a jackass.

I agree completely. Overrated is just pissed because his team lost to a team that just put up 14 in the first half against loserville. I would be upset too.

I also agree that if florida was playing any other team today the outcome wouldn't have been the same. They played out of their minds.