Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mingo Central @ Belfry (2/17)
So, I know alot of you don't care about WV schools vs. Belfry but this is a good little rivalry. After Belfry put together a rap video on a cell phone before the last game, this is what Central came back with

We'll see if Belfry has a reply before days end! Game is tonight.
Belfry0304 Wrote:So, I know alot of you don't care about WV schools vs. Belfry but this is a good little rivalry. After Belfry put together a rap video on a cell phone before the last game, this is what Central came back with

I didn't see the Belfry video, but I have to admit. That's pretty good. And I hate rap.
Bob Seger Wrote:I didn't see the Belfry video, but I have to admit. That's pretty good. And I hate rap.

Belfry did a cell phone video that's like 2 minutes long. I'll try to find it. I don't know how to embed, lol. I was impressed w/ Central's though.
Rap with a hillbilly twang. That's good!! Belfry 64-60.
The video was awesome!!! I love this type of stuff.
Messer coupled with the new found scoring of Turner equals too much for the Miners. Belfry by 9.
Belfry0304 Wrote:So, I know alot of you don't care about WV schools vs. Belfry but this is a good little rivalry. After Belfry put together a rap video on a cell phone before the last game, this is what Central came back with

I'm embarassed for those kids and their parents...that was horrible and I feel dumber for watching it.
How about we make a video for Rap battles next time?? This is High school boys basketball, lets stay on topic!
that was bad,and glad they said it wasnt football,because they know they wouldnt win in that sport for sure..
Belfry won 70-69
BoondockSaint Wrote:I'm embarassed for those kids and their parents...that was horrible and I feel dumber for watching it.

Yes. My exact thoughts. Can't believe anyone liked that, lol.
vundy33 Wrote:Yes. My exact thoughts. Can't believe anyone liked that, lol.

Ah come on guys, lighten up. They're just kids. I thought it was pretty funny and harmless.

Sure beats some of the valdalizing stuff that used to go on before a JC/Paintsville Apple Bowl game.
Personal opinion and first thoughts after watching that video were that it looks like"white trash" and that it was classless.

^ That's what we came back with. Good to know we won it, thanks to Messer!
BoondockSaint Wrote:Personal opinion and first thoughts after watching that video were that it looks like"white trash" and that it was classless.

Doesn't all "rap" fit in those categories?
Belfry0304 Wrote:

^ That's what we came back with. Good to know we won it, thanks to Messer!

Sheeew, now that's what I call trashy and classless. Now that is horrible....lol
Yep, Belfry's response fits the same category and its embarassing as well.
Done with this thread.
Next time we'll be sure we spray paint their schools or get in a fist fight after the game, that'd be much more classy.
i am Belfry fan second to none but that was comeback form Belfry wasworse than bad, couldnt hardly understand the words and the bow, bow bow, or waht ever he said got on mine nerves,lol
He's actually rapping, not talking. Yeah Belfry's response was definitely white trash. Seeing as how Sani Warren is white, LOL. He does more than just play QB/CB folks!
Waka would be ashamed.
Belfry0304 Wrote:He's actually rapping, not talking. Yeah Belfry's response was definitely white trash. Seeing as how Sani Warren is white, LOL. He does more than just play QB/CB folks!

Trash is trash and both videos were trash no matter the color of the person doing the talking.

As for your post about fighting each other. If either of the schools can't fight any better than they play basketball I wouldn't suggest doing that either. They'd probably both find a way to lose a fight.

I just think its stupid that the only way Mingo Central & Belfry can try to make a rivalry out of this is to trash talk each other via corny youtube rap videos.

C'mon man. Great rivalries are made by great teams competing against one another and having consistently great ballgames. This isn't anything like the old Belfry-Williamson rivalry that fans would like for it to be.

I hope it does end up being that kind of rivalry "on the court" and then after the game is over let it be left at that.