Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 52 - Shelby Valley 44
Sheldon Clark 12 15 10 15 - 52

Shelby Valley 15 6 7 16 - 44

Sheldon Clark (24-5) -- Johnson 13, Moore 13, Chapman 10, Parsley 8, Kirk 2, James 6.

Shelby Valley (15-10) -- Bentley 3, Lucas 5, Newsome 10, Beltner 10, Richardson 13, Hamilton 3.
Congrats to Coach Spurlock.. Only 2nd season at SC and most wins for a season in school history and SC's first ever win at SV..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats SC
13 points in the second and third quarters.......this team gets good shots but just has trouble scoring the basketball.
Rebounding was the biggest difference in my opinion. I was told that SC had 26 offensive rebounds. SV continues to have lots of unforced turnovers.
justin the beast johnson with a big dunk tonight,o yeah if u have gray hair u shouldnt be aloud to reff ,just saying ,good game but seen the cards plat better ,keep up the w streak boys,props to chappy most improved player
About what I expected. This team just has not got to "that" point yet. They may be a year away or whatever from competing consistently as the upper section of the region. They have just not been able to grind out those wins against the top 4 in the 15th region.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Great win for the Cards as they scored showed they can win when not shooting well as the big three of Moore, Johnson and Kirk hit 12 of 39 shots combined but with a 41 - 19 rebound advantage overcame that poor display of shooting so big win for the Cards. Everyone come out to the Community pep rally Sunday at 6 o'clock at the high school.
Congrats SC. Did Pitts not play in this one?
Congrats to SC by the way. They are my pick to come put of the 15th.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LCDawg Wrote:Congrats SC. Did Pitts not play in this one?
I thought Pitts played for Magoffin County?
Pitts does play for Magoffin......that's why he didn't play in this game. *G* Okay that was being a smarta$$, I just couldn't let it pass.
:biggrin: Sorry about that... wrong thread. lol!
This game was proof that defense and rebounding can win games on nights when you can't put the ball in. Valley was fired up for senior night and opened up that first quarter looking good. SC weathered the storm and kept control of the game for much of the last 3 quarters, excluding a 2-3 minute span in the 4th when Valley ran a little bit. This group of kids have won the most regular season games in Sheldon Clark history.
Sheldon Clark is a solid ball club with by far the most talent in the region.
I sure hope that SV was under the in "FLU" ence of some virus because they sure were sick when it came to taking care of the ball and rebounding! Looked worse than the BL game @ the EXPO!
Thought Sc would have done better then this.