Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Roy considering an NBA comeback?
In professional basketball terms, the story of Brandon Roy is as close to sad as it gets. An All-Star caliber player, a max-level franchise cornerstone, a guy that could potentially lead a team deep into the postseason that had his career tragically cut short because his knees betrayed him.

But maybe, just maybe, he's thinking about giving it another shot. Via international basketball site US Basket, Roy is considering it. Referring to himself in the third person, Roy said, "It’s hard being away from the game. Don’t be surprised if you see Brandon Roy make his way back to the court…”

Plus this:
According to sources close to the player, regardless of his knee problems, Roy’s decision to retire wasn’t all health related. “There’s something to it, but it’s not the right time for me to get into it right now,” Roy said. “I’ve been doing some treatment and I’m trying to leave the window open to returning to basketball.”

When met with skepticism regarding his comeback, Roy explained, “It’s the truth. It’s really hard being so far away from the game. I spend time watching Jamal (Crawford) and following all of his games; Will (Conroy) and Tre (Simmons) are both doing their thing, so it’s driving me to wanna come back out there. If the treatment I’ve been looking into can work, I believe there’s a good chance you will see Brandon Roy back hoopin’."

As quite a large fan of Roy's that would be terrific news. But only terrific news with a catch: He needs to be healthy enough to do it. He really does. Because late last season when he was fighting against his knees and still trying to convince himself he was the same player, it just wasn't fair to himself.

Who knows what kind of treatment he's referencing -- maybe it's the same Kobe Bryant got -- but Roy has a major uphill battle if he's to return to the NBA. He's still young at just 27, which is in his favor. But again, when it's your knees and the lack of cartilage in them that you're fighting against, that's like climbing Everest. It's a long way back from there.

But I'm rooting for him. Roy was a wonderful basketball player and even if he hasn't to reinvent himself as a shooter or just play limited minutes, I'm all for him giving it a shot.

http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports...4/35021279
Put him in a Laker uniform we need a pg.
^He would be great if healthy but I dont see him coming back or being able to play much if he does.
Im willing to give him a chance!
I think Roy should just stop thinking about a comeback. He will never get any playing time because he will always stay hurt
one the best NBA closer's in a while.
you could maybe take the 4 legs between him and greg oden and make one decent set of legs.
HEAT4LIFE Wrote:I think Roy should just stop thinking about a comeback. He will never get any playing time because he will always stay hurt
Tough to say, I thought that about Bynum too, but look at the all-star now lol.
bradc Wrote:you could maybe take the 4 legs between him and greg oden and make one decent set of legs.

^this. lmao.