Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill Co. 54 Owsley Co. 38
2/3/2012
Estill Co. 54
Owsley Co. 38
Owsley Co. 7 10 4 17 38
Estill Co. 7 14 17 16 54
Owsley Co. -- Mason 5, Allen 12, Shelby 7, Holmes 4, C.Hall 3, Grove 5, B.Hall 1, Bowman 1.
Estill Co. -- Jones 14, Case 5, Muncie 5, Evans 2, Morris 17, Baber 4, Jenkins 2, Alexander 2, Stamper 3.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...rylink=cpy
Very good Game by the Engineers.

Estill lead by as many as 20

Morris came close to having a monster dunk over couple owsley defenders but he missed it and was called for a charge.

Williamsburg tomorrow

Madison Southern Tuesday
Morris had close to a Triple Double with Pts, Blocks and Rebounds
Just like in the Powell game on Tuesday (when the Owls led by 6 at the half), the 3rd quarter killed the Owls. They seem to have one quarter per game that derails them.

Tonight they got outscored a total of 3 points in the 1st, 2nd, and 4th quarters, but were outscored by 17-4 in the 3rd.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Just like in the Powell game on Tuesday (when the Owls led by 6 at the half), the 3rd quarter killed the Owls. They seem to have one quarter per game that derails them.

Tonight they got outscored a total of 5 points in the 1st, 2nd, and 4th quarters, but were outscored by 17-4 in the 3rd.

I will say that the District Next Year will be between Estill and Owsley, both teams togeather lose 4 players (2 from each). Powell and Lee will be down.

Estill is rooting hard for you all in the Districts This Year against Powell
Strikeout King Wrote:I will say that the District Next Year will be between Estill and Owsley, both teams togeather lose 4 players (2 from each). Powell and Lee will be down.

Estill is rooting hard for you all in the Districts This Year against Powell

Owsley has only 1 senior and he rarely ever gets in a game. They have 1 junior, Izaiah Allen. The rest of the team is sophomores and freshmen.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Owsley has only 1 senior and he rarely ever gets in a game. They have 1 junior, Izaiah Allen. The rest of the team is sophomores and freshmen.

KHSAA has 2 (Bowman and Addison)
Strikeout King Wrote:KHSAA has 2 (Bowman and Addison)

You're right. I forgot about Addison. I believe this is Bowman and Addison first year of basketball. They don't see much action but both are great kids enjoying their senior year.
Next Year's District still should be between Estill and Owsley both are gonna be very good and if they play there cards right they could win a game in the Regional Tournament
I feel sorry for Estill being in the 14th region with some big names
Bowman and Addison has played all 4 years. Everyone knew it might take a few years for these guys to develop but they started and played all of last year and this one. Next season they should by a lot better. Looks like they still have some growing up to do. Good luck owls in district.
Congrats Estill
speedy socks Wrote:Bowman and Addison has played all 4 years. Everyone knew it might take a few years for these guys to develop but they started and played all of last year and this one. Next season they should by a lot better. Looks like they still have some growing up to do. Good luck owls in district.

You have some wrong info speedy socks. Bowman and Addison haven't "played all 4 years".

Bowman's first year was as a junior, but he quit the team halfway through the season. Addison's first year was as a junior too.
And they didn't "start and play all of last year". Neither even started on the JV as juniors.
I know I am right they have been on the team all four years. They only dressed varsity since they where juniors. I am very close to them and the program. Both are great kids and stuck in out when most would have quit.