Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(2) Kentucky 86 - Arkansas 63
Hell of a game by Davis
Strikeout King Wrote:Hell of a game by Davis

bow to the brow!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Domination.
Yeah baby! Hell of a game tonight men! Now let's turn our attention to smacking Alabama around for the first time!
Mike Anderson needs to rethink the strategy of trying to out run this UK team.
Wow! Davis is a man-child. Last I looked (probably added to it, someone can post the final numbers) he had 24, 13 and 7 blocks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:notworthy

Brow down!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Impressive win. Best they've looked on both ends of the court in a long time, maybe all season.

It was obvious they had worked on the press, because they torched the Hogs for easy lobs all night long. Honestly, it seemed like half their points came on dunks.

Also like how Darius came out and set the tone early, both at the start of the game and after halftime. Did anyone else notice that he scored the first 4 points of the first half for UK, and the first 5 points in the second half? Just a great job of senior leadership IMO.

By the way Vundy, we got a few more games to go before we play South Carolina again... Big Grin
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Impressive win. Best they've looked on both ends of the court in a long time, maybe all season.

It was obvious they had worked on the press, because they torched the Hogs for easy jams all night long. Honestly, it seemed like half their points came on dunks.

Also like how Darius came out and set the tone early, both at the start of the game and after halftime. Did anyone else notice that he scored the first 4 points of the first half for UK, and the first 5 points in the second half? Just a great job of senior leadership IMO.

By the way Vundy, we got a few more games to go before we play South Carolina again... Big Grin

Hahahah..I picked up my schedule and seen South Carolina...I forgot to mark our games out starting there, lolol. Bama!
For the first time i felt Teague played very well....
^^Me too...hopefully, he'll make a habit of playing like he did tonight more often..
Game Ball - Anthony Davis: 24 points, 14 rebounds & 7 blocks. 'Nuff said.

First Class Honorable Mention - Marquis Teague: This was perhaps his best game as a Wildcat, had Davis not had the kinda game he had I would have had no issue giving him the game ball...but I will give him a major honorable mention. 9 assists, 7 points, 4 rebounds & 2 steals. Played great defense as well.

-----

Good Thoughts:

- Terrence Jones: He played like a man, he played like the early season Jones. 13 points, 9 rebounds & 5 blocks. Played the game strong.

- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist: His numbers don't show it, but he played excellent. Played with his usual screaming fire & energy.

- Doron Lamb: He sorta got out of his funk, I mean he didn't shot the ball great but he shot it fearlessly and thats a good way to get out of a funk.

- Darius Miller: Played great in the 1st half, and kinda went back to normal in the 2nd half. 11 points & 2 rebounds is not bad at all.

- Kyle Wiltjer: Played well in only 15 minutes, 4 points & 2 rebounds. He's getting alot tougher on defense and he's deadly on the pick and pop.

- Overall team effort, they played very hard and very successfully. Defense was stifling.

-----

Not So Good Thoughts:

- 3 point shooting was pretty bad (3 for 11)

And thats it, I thought there wasn't much to criticize in this game.

They played great!
Did Marquis Teague have any TO's?
vundy33 Wrote:Did Marquis Teague have any TO's?

That's manageable. Good game Teague.
Davis finished with 27 pts, 14 Rebs and 7 Blks
Most complete game we've played all year since UNC.
Everybody played well and executed on both ends.
Need to being this intensity on the road.
Good win for Kentucky. This margin could have been 30-35.
Nice game by the Cats. Congrats to Davis on the shot block record!
Played great team basketball.
Sitting in the stands and watching Davis play personally was an incredible experience. I really did not know how smoothly this young man moved until last night. Watching him on television gives you the opportunity to see him on replay. Seeing him in person makes you marvel at his real talents.

Miller started both halfs with great offensive and defensive effort, and then trailed off as the game went on.

Teague was a floor general. Several times as the shot clock was running down, he did things with the basketball that made me believe he was as good at Wall and Knight. He was really impressive.

Beckham is a great looking athlete, but he has a long ways to go to play at the UK standards. He plays defense on his heels, which makes him incredibly slow. If you noticed last night that he can in during the first half and within 90 seconds he was pulled, it was due to getting burned to the basket twice on consecutive possessions.

And this is for PT and his comment that without Vargas we have no depth at the 5. Trust me, Vargas provides ZERO depth. He is a very poor basketball player. He honestly is lost on the court and with the band playing, fans cheering and all the surrounding noise, the 60 seconds that Vargas played in the first half consisted of 59 seconds of Calipari being heard above all the noise screaming about Vargas and getting him "Off the Floor" to his assistant coaches. He may be a great kid, but this kid cannot play basketball at the D1 level.
Davis numbers were great,but he had also ZERO FOULS and ZERO TURNOVERS.