Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup County 36 Russell 24 -- 63rd District
Final. Congrats to Greenup County on winning the 63rd district tournament.
WOW this is a big upset in my mind, we played bot and Russell by far the better team then, but congrat to Greenup
My gosh..did they use a ball with Air in it? 36-24?????
Must have been good defense by both teams
Both teams played at a very slow tempo........neither one shot very well, nor did they hit their free-throws very well........defences played hard but the offences didn't attack the basket........Russell was behind and seemed to be content to let Greenup turn their offence over and over until they got a layup or got fouled.....can't figure Russell out.........they had a huge amount of talent, just seemed to have a melt-down over the course of the season........don't know if they had internal problems within the program, one of their best guards quit the team with about two weeks left in the season and one of their assistant coaches ended up as a color man for their radio broadcast crew.......the whole situation seems rather wierd.........twenty-four points won't win many games unless you hold the opposing team to twenty-three or less, which doesen't happen very often these days........maybe some one can shed some light on what is going on at "The Furnace"..........I don't know what to expect from the Devils next week at Morehead.............Greenup earned the win tonight and I wish them well next week, their team certainly enjoyed their win tonight !!!!!! The score would make you think their coaches found Randy Ward's old playbook........
Congrats to Greenup! Where was this FOOTBALL game played at? LOL! Looks like they got beat by a touchdown and a couple field goals! Good Luck in Regions Greenup!
Congrats Greenup Co.!
It's good to see the Marv Meredith league play in the furnace.Smile
Agree w/ Bluecat. Russell's offensive coaching was terrrible. 1st Why set on the ball when you need pts ???? 2nd lazy playing no movement????? 3rd where's your heart ????? Greenup set on the ball but was moving it around quick looking for the high percentage shot, which often came easy. Russell has to find there heart or the Dodd sqaud is over.
:beg:
See ya on the diamond.
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeey i thought i already posted the final??
Very low scoring game.