Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 68 Prestonsburg 47
Congrats Hazard. Keep your heads up and keep working hard blackcats.
Any stats?
Another good win for the young Bulldogs.
Good job, Dawgs!
Seems like the Pups are getting better and better each game.

Congrats Hazard.
Game was decided early. Blackcats made a run in the 2nd quarter, but after that it was all Bulldogs. Congrats Hazard. Good luck against Grant Co on the 27th Blackcats.
Blackcats did have some injuries which hampered them in the game as Jamerson was playing sparingly on a bad ankle and Anderson went out before the half with knee trouble. No excuse's though. The Dawgs where the better team last night.
Is it true that Hazard played their jv team. What grade are the Hazard kids in?
Ike Cooter Wrote:Is it true that Hazard played their jv team. What grade are the Hazard kids in?

Just about the whole team are Sophomore's. 6'7" kid is a senior and 1 junior.
Mobelini was the only jv player that seen any playing time. Him, Hollan, Thompson and Hall are sopomores, Combs Triplett and whitaker are juniors, Hardy is a freshman. The starters lastnight were Thompson, Hollan, Combs, Triplett and Hall.. They have been starting for awhile now, so no.. the jv didn't play.
Grats Bulldogs, I agree with MVP2 they are getting better every game.
Could be dangerous come tourney time.
Congrats Haz
Good to see Evan Whitaker on the court. At 6'5", this should give Hazard the inside presence they have been needing along with the Brashear kid. This team is definitely getting better with each game and I look for a bright future for these Dawgs.
bballguru Wrote:Mobelini was the only jv player that seen any playing time. Him, Hollan, Thompson and Hall are sopomores, Combs Triplett and whitaker are juniors, Hardy is a freshman. The starters lastnight were Thompson, Hollan, Combs, Triplett and Hall.. They have been starting for awhile now, so no.. the jv didn't play.

Wow thats a very young team. I guess what meant was, would the starts currently on the team be jv players if the other athletes at the school were playing. I know that the Combs kid quit. I also know there's an Olinger kid thats a sophomore that is a tremendous athlete. Just curious if they could be better if the other kids were playing or if the kids that are playing is the cream of the crop!!
Yes, they are young. The Olinger boy is a junior, but decided not to play this year. Brashear is the only Senior. J.Combs, WHitaker and Triplett are Juniors. Hollan, Thompson, Hall, Mobelini and Arnett are Sophomores and Hardy is a freshman. They have played together for a long time and have good chemistry together. They work hard and are getting more varsity time this year. They do not have much varsity experience but they will improve as the season goes on.
atleast get your facts straight, olinger is a junior.:eyeroll:
Ike Cooter Wrote:Wow thats a very young team. I guess what meant was, would the starts currently on the team be jv players if the other athletes at the school were playing. I know that the Combs kid quit. I also know there's an Olinger kid thats a sophomore that is a tremendous athlete. Just curious if they could be better if the other kids were playing or if the kids that are playing is the cream of the crop!!

Hazard has 7 very talented basketball players not playing: Bj Combs and Jordan Olinger 2 top 10 players in the region not playing along with Zach Blanton, Kyle Spencer, Jordan Frazier, Austin Johnson, and Nathan Higgins.

But the team that hazard does have playing will be just fine. Very young but a great group of kids.
Congratulations. Good to see Whitaker is playing now.
Congrats to the Bulldogs! These boys will keep working and they will cause someone a lot of headaches come tournament time.
Didn't mean anything in a bad way. Not sure why everyone is getting their panties in a wad. I was just saying they are playing really good with such a young team. And could you imagine what could be if the other players were playing. With the young team getting the amount of time and experience they will be beast 2 years from now. Not sure why everyone tries to make every post something negative especially when I made a compliment on a young team beating a vetern team.