Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluegrassrivals Girls Basketball Preseason Top 20
Please keep in mind that this season is MUCH tougher than last season. However, remember that last season we correctly predicted every Sweet 16 team and had almost the exact same poll as the coaches and AP, BEFORE they released theirs. We know what we are doing, and we are well known in many areas as THE place to learn about and discuss girls basketball.

Here is my attempt at creating a Top 20:

1. DuPont Manual
2. Marion County
3. Mercy
4. Boone County
5. Butler
6. Perry County Central
7. Madison Central
8. Elizabethtown
9. Monroe County
10. Murray
11. South Oldham
12. Anderson County
13. Grayson County
14. Casey County
15. Walton-Verona
16. Assumption
17. Bullitt East
18. Calloway County
19. Ashland Blazer
20. Hopkinsville
21. Glasgow
22. Ryle
23. Montgomery County
24. Clay County
25. Lincoln County

Team that I'm sure how to rank: Southwestern. They could be Top 20 good, but I am just not sure yet.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Looks pretty solid.
I think it looks good. And coming from a Southwestern fan, I don't think they deserve to be in the top 20 just yet. They lose Danay Fothergill (WKU signee) and Jessica Pierce (Berea College signee), which are both HUGE loses. The Lady Warriors return three starters - senior Hannah Grant and freshmen Destiny Molden and Adison Corder.
I think Montgomery and Ryle are much better than their ranking.
LOL.

Ranking teams is hard, but this is not very close.
I would have to agree, this is a good list.
magicfan217 Wrote:LOL.

Ranking teams is hard, but this is not very close.

You are more than welcome to your opinion. Please help us to have the most accurate list as possible and tell us where it went wrong? What would you change? Who is too low and too high?

I want the most accurate rankings in the state, so please help them to improve. I asked every member for months for help with rankings. This year, I even waited until the coaches poll came out to help compare. (Last year we didn't wait and released them BEFORE the coaches and were amazingly accurate.)

This is a tough year to rank, and I have not seen any teams in action this season for scrimmages, practices, etc... Please give input.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I know you refer back to last years collapse by Boone Co. against Ryle, but you are totally disregarding that even with Moss, Boone County came from nowhere to do what the did. That team was not supposed to do anything last year and they instantly became a legit top 10 team. This year, they return the best player in the state along with her starting castmates. BC is deserved of the 2 spot and just might be #1
Respectfully, Manual and Marion County are legit #1 and #2. They can be flip-flopped though. 3, 4, and 5 are interchangeable. Boone County has a chance to be special, no disagreement here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Looks good to me. I only question Bullit East ranking. They lost a lot of talent last year. Lost 3 very good starters. Nicole Isabell is out until January, I think, with an ACL injury. I think this will be a rebuilding year for them and do not see them in the top 25.
^I did not know about the injury. That is tough.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Im sorry...I understand just how hard of a task it is to rank teams so I really don't try to outside of the top 10 or so teams....The biggest problem is trying to compare different regions of the state where so many teams don't even have common opponents to look at. A couple of things of note....

Ballard should be on this list, As well as Sacred Heart. No way the 7th region only has 1 team in the top 25.

Lexington Catholic should also be ranked, as well as Scott Co from the 11th.

I would def have a few teams several spots higher (such as Montgomery, Lincoln, Ryle, Clay) and a few lower or even not ranked at all (Walton, Monroe, Murray Bullitt East) but I recognize that rankings at this point are really just an opinion since none of the real games have even started yet!
^I have 3 7th Region teams in, and contemplated a 4th.

Ballard is, unfairly, on my bad side. I had them as a Top 5 or Top 10 team last season and they went 13-15. I left them out intentionally because they have the talent to be great but have not played that way yet. If they begin playing well, I will probably consider putting them in.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
with the region flops I get confused...mercy, bullitt east, and Butler are all in the 6th, correct? That leaves Manual and Assumption in the 7th? Who is the third team?
Mercy is 7th, I think.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:Mercy is 7th, I think.

Mercy is 6th this year.
^That does get confusing, lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Magoffin County is a team that could be in the top 25. I don't know if they are there yet, but they beat Montgomery County last year by 8 points and they didn't lose any players. Just a thought. I might be biased because I am from Magoffin County and I graduated from there and I video ALL of their games lol, but they're a pretty darn good team and they're fun to watch.
Please don't forget Perry County Central,,,,,,, They are coming for you.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Will begin working on this weeks BGR Rankings. If you have any thoughts about them, please post them here.

If you feel like a team should be in that isn't
Maybe a team should be higher than they are or lower than they are
Maybe a team is ranked that shouldn't be

I have my thoughts, but I will take yours into consideration.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]