Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia Baseball.
I heard tonight that Joel "Legend" Melton is guaranteeing a district title this season. That his new assistant Rodrick Rhodes plans on bringing texas baseball players to for a opportunity to be the king of mountains in baseball. Can fat daddy Melton and Rhodes really lead Cordia to their first district title since the 90s?
Any truth in this?
Bring on the boys of spring
Rhodes is not an assistant baseball coach at Cordia although I'm sure he supports the team. Coach Melton will work with what he has...Chris Hudson should help the team
Rorick is not helping Joel. Chris Hudson will play but he won't be one of there best players. Derek Combs is a Sophomore and is one hell of a player. 7th grader Austin Combs is good but just to young to be able to show it at the high school level.

Best two players for Cordia are Matt Lucas and Josh Mullins. Mullins will be one of the top players in the state at stealing bases. Had around 50 stolen bases last season.
Tailback....what is your beef with Coach Melton.....did you ride the bench for him or something?
Coach Rhodes will be busy with getting ready for AAU and summer basketball....but I am sure he will be at the baseball games if you want an autograph Tailback
Cordia faces a big challenge in Letcher Central and Knott Central to be able to get out of the District. Letcher will miss Tanner, but Coach Dean always scores runs. He has ever since his days in Powell County. He is the best in the regional at playing small ball. Knott will have to over come the lost of a big senior class, but with Seth Adams and hard throwing left handed Austin Mullins, it will give the Patriots a nice 1-2 punch. Don't forget about the mass exit from JBS, which landed Knott with 2 pretty good Freshman, Austyn Turner and Chance Cornett. Should be a great year of Baseball in the 53rd.