Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ga. splits Class A publics/privates
rather than lose members.
(LOVED the executive committee member who wanted more time)

http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-high-school...ool_sports
http://www.maxpreps.com/blogs/maxwire-na...ayoffs.htm
This needs to be done in Kentucky.
^ how would you do it in Kentucky?
By the way..........Here we go again for the 12th time in the last year
dawgs1 Wrote:This needs to be done in Kentucky.

here's your private schools in Kentucky
CLASS 1A District 2 - Holy Cross (chemas-microsoft-com[IMG]http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ />Louisville),t="on"> Country Day
CLASS 2A District 2 - t="on">Catholic District 4 - Christian Academy-Louisville District 6 - Bishop Brossart, Holy Cross (t="on">Covington),t="on"> Central Catholic District 7 - t="on"> Christian
CLASS 4A District 5 - chemas-microsoft-com[IMG]http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ />t=[/IMG]Catholic District 7 - t="on">Catholic
CLASS 6A District 4 - St. Xavier, Trinity (t="on">Louisville

there are not nearly enough private schools in Kentucky to do it with.

and I'm still waiting for someone to explain how it's unfair for a kid to go to a school that charges tuition, instead of a school that doesn't charge anything.

Why??? How do you justify ELEVEN teams as a reason that this NEEDS to be done? If it was 111 teams, then I could buy it, but 11????
Actually there are at least 14:

Bethlehem 2 - 8 1 - 2
Bishop Brossart 3 - 7 0 - 4
Christian Academy-Louisville 6 - 4 5 - 0
Covington Catholic 8 - 2 3 - 1
DeSales 5 - 5 3 - 2
Holy Cross (Covington) 7 - 3 3 - 1
Holy Cross (Louisville) 9 - 1 3 - 0
Kentucky Country Day 8 - 2 2 - 1
Lexington Catholic 8 - 2 4 - 0
Lexington Christian 4 - 6 2 - 1
Newport Central Catholic 9 - 1 4 - 0
Owensboro Catholic 10 - 0 5 - 0
St. Xavier 6 - 4 2 - 1
Trinity (Louisville) 9 - 0 3 - 0

First record is overall in regular season, second was district.
IDC either way, im so sick of hearing about it its unreal.
If your going to do it throw them 14 in the same "private" class and just let them play each other in the playoffs and have a private school championship. If your not going to change it, shut up about it.

Theres really not a problem with the private schools in KY high school football.
The only problem you have is the 6A schools with Trinity and St X obviously getting kids at there school just for football. Other than that i believe the rest of the schools throughout the state in Classes 1-5 are on an even playing field.

Talked about pissed off if they did seperate.....I'd laugh, but man the privates would burn every house in the state.
If privates did get separated in KY, the same people crying for them to have their own class now would be the ones crying when people bashed their school for not playing a private in the playoffs.
I hate it that people argue this should be done in Kentucky. How can a team/fans reasonably claim they are the best teams in their class, which is what winning the state title makes you for a season, if some of the better schools in the state aren't even getting a chance to compete with you for it? I for one welcome the competition, if your a top level team, then compete, prove it, and win. If not, get better and stop crying about a private school winning. That's my opinion on the subject.
There are only 14 or so private schools in KY, but it only comes down to the big 2 that people are actually afraid of. Maybe we should go to 7 classes with just T and X in the top class, and they could just play each other 10 times a season.
toussaints Wrote:there are not nearly enough private schools in Kentucky to do it with.

and I'm still waiting for someone to explain how it's unfair for a kid to go to a school that charges tuition, instead of a school that doesn't charge anything.

Great post. I totally agree. Unlike the northern states or west coast ( ie ) Cali...There are not enough private schools here in Kentucky. People should drop the subject.
cksportsfan Wrote:Actually there are at least 14:

Bethlehem 2 - 8 1 - 2
Bishop Brossart 3 - 7 0 - 4
Christian Academy-Louisville 6 - 4 5 - 0
Covington Catholic 8 - 2 3 - 1
DeSales 5 - 5 3 - 2
Holy Cross (Covington) 7 - 3 3 - 1
Holy Cross (Louisville) 9 - 1 3 - 0
Kentucky Country Day 8 - 2 2 - 1
Lexington Catholic 8 - 2 4 - 0
Lexington Christian 4 - 6 2 - 1
Newport Central Catholic 9 - 1 4 - 0
Owensboro Catholic 10 - 0 5 - 0
St. Xavier 6 - 4 2 - 1
Trinity (Louisville) 9 - 0 3 - 0

First record is overall in regular season, second was district.

How do you justify Bethlehem playing Trinity or Saint X??? Or the other smaller private schools? C' MON man!!!
[quote=RoShamBo]There are only 14 or so private schools in KY, but it only comes down to the big 2 that people are actually afraid of. Maybe we should go to 7 classes with just T and X in the top class, and they could just play each other 10 times a season.[/QUOTE]

That would be great. Just let those two 1,600 enrollment (all boys, so if it were a public their enrollments would be 3,200) play each other about 5 times and then finish their schedule with out-of-state privates. These huge private schools have an incredible advantage with kids moving in from everywhere, they're almost like small colleges. It's little wonder they have dominated the top class for an eternity.
I should've laid my sarcasm on a little thicker. There is only one way football in Kentucky is going to get better, and it's not by hiding from the best teams.