Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danny Trevathan
Trevathan being left of the list of Butkus Award finalists is a sham and a disgrace. Hell he wasn't even mentioned in the top 12 finalists. He has been the best LB in the SEC this year, even better than Donta Hightower, and has stats that put him up there with the best in the nation. The people who pick these awards should give up their rights to vote from now on. No on this list means more to their team than Trevathan does to UK.

Here are the six finalists and their stats. Trevathan's stats are better than most.
TFl = tackle for loss.

Lavonte David, Nebraska : 114 tackles, 2 Interceptions, 9 TFL, 2.5 sacks
Dont’a Hightower, Alabama: 72 tackles, 1 INT, 8.5 TFLs, 3.0 sacks
Courtney Upshaw, Alabama: 39 tackles, 1 INT, 14 TFL, 6.5 sacks
Luke Kuechly, Boston College: 182 tackles, 2 INTs, 11 TFL, 0 sacks
Manti Te’o, Notre Dame: 103 tackles, 0 INTs, 11.5 TFL, 4.5 sacks
Jarvis Jones, Georgia: 58 tackles, 0 INTs, 18.5 TFL, 12.5 sacks

TREVATHAN: 135 tackles, 4 INTs, 10.5 TFLs, 3 sacks, 5 FFs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
I heard on a local radio show that its because he was not conisidered as a LB by the writers, but as a Safety.
Stardust Wrote:I heard on a local radio show that its because he was not conisidered as a LB by the writers, but as a Safety.
When did he start playing safety? So, using their logic, I could play QB all year, but they could consider me a running back? How in the hell do these assholes have a job?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

A couple things that worked against Danny was the team's national exposure and his individual tackles. 5 of the finalist play on ranked teams, they get a lot of national exposure and the idiots voting can watch them play on TV.

The 1 finalist that's playing on a bad team (Luke Kuechly, BC) leads the nation in total tackles by 35, tackles per game by 3, and is tied 1st for solo tackles with 96. His stats are just filthy.

Now like you, I also think Trevathan should be a finalist based on his stats, but these awards are losing more value every year. Look at the Heisman, not knocking Trent Richardson, but if he wins the Heisman, it won't be for his stats. Montee Ball at Wisconsin has better stats, but it will be because he plays at Alabama in the SEC, will be a top 10 draft pick, and more voters know his name.
^ I see what you are saying. Trevathan may play for UK, but he has to play against the best in the nation (SEC) and he not only holds his own, he flat out is a stud against them. He is just simpley being ommitted for some reason. Why I don't know. Sports writers who vote on this stuff have no reason to leave him off this list if they have the guy form BC on it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Amun-Ra Wrote:^ I see what you are saying. Trevathan may play for UK, but he has to play against the best in the nation (SEC) and he not only holds his own, he flat out is a stud against them. He is just simpley being ommitted for some reason. Why I don't know. Sports writers who vote on this stuff have no reason to leave him off this list if they have the guy form BC on it.

I agree completely, and I would've left Upshaw off the list. He's good, but he's not that dominating defensive stud that this award goes to.
Upshaw is on the list because he has so many sacks and tackles for loss. He only has these because he is free to go, while offenses of more worried about Hightower.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sports writers are idiots. Plain and simple.
Yeah, doesn't make any sense to me! Trevathan should be the outright winner for this!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Trevathan is a beast and I think he should be in the running for this one....
I would put him as a finalist but I don't necessarily hold anything against these guys for not listing him as one.

I mean....
would Trevathan lead Alabama in tackles?
That's something these guys look at.

Case Keenum is leading the nation statistically as a QB...
but Luck is the one with all the heisman hype.

Montee Ball has the best RB stats...
but Richardson is the one with all the hype.

I believe Keenum could produce big numbers at Stanford...
I believe Ball could produce big numbers at Bama....
but I don't believe Trevathan would produce big numbers at Bama.

That's why he isn't in the running IMO
^ has nothing to do with your post, but how long does that avatar have to stay up?
^ L o L
one LOOONNGGG week