Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Wide Defense
Have defenses in Kentucky finally caught up with the 4 wide personell and 2x2 or 3x1 as a formation?
I pray to Jesus every night that these schools know how to run a nickle/dime defense o.O
Most have, I believe. lol
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I wonder how many teams in Kentucky have finally caught on with the Internet.
^Haha, about 12
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Obviously there are teams that are better at defending the four wide than others, but I don't think it is a matter of not 'catching up' with the four wide look by failing to implement nickel, dime, or quarter defenses. Some teams obviously have nickel, dime, and quarter packages but most teams will simply adjust their base defensive gameplan to account for a four wide look (i.e. blitz and stunt, zone defense). And it comes down to who you play too, more run teams on the schedule, less work on spread defense. I think it is all about personnel. The better your personnel, the more flexible you can be with your defensive gameplan.

I feel like I just sounded really stupid there, but I don't really understand the OP.
Doesnt matter if you can run the nickel or dime like packages if you dont have corners and safetys who can keep up with the other teams recievers, it aint gonna matter.
I think teams in the begin of the spread offense spent more time trying to find a way to defend 4 wide. Now coaches have realized it is about pressure and forcing the QB to move and make quick reads. In other words they are forcing young QB's to make mistakes. In the past everyone was scared to pressure because they feared giving up big score. Defenses are now playing offense...........