Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGR Members Rankings For The Week Of 10/23
Stardust Wrote:The week the lost the Trinity, they were pounded. When they lost, they dropped all the way down to 9 when all the rest of the teams won. The next week they lost to X, which resulted in them not moving up, justifying their 9 spot from the previous week. In both of those games, they were blown out. They came back with a hap-hazard effort against a terrible Louisville Male. So, can Manual beat any of the 6 other teams above them, I say no! We will soon find out, but right now, they are not justified for anything higher than the 9 spot.

Well they have already beat PRP and Butler ranked above them, so you have to include them.

I disagree, yes I think they can beat Bryan Station and Lafayette. Heck Lafayette barely beat GRC and lost to Madison Central and barely beat Tates Creek. You talk about "how and when" in your rankings...... and you have them ranked above Manual ...I just don't see it.
^ lol, so!!! - I guess I will lose sleep tonight! Nah, probably not....
Stardust Wrote:^ lol, so!!! - I guess I will lose sleep tonight! Nah, probably not....

From this post and others of yours, we all can see that thoes that do the rankings, some are open to input from the posters while others are not. Instead of a friendly discussion,we get....example, above post.
Stardust Wrote:The week the lost the Trinity, they were pounded. When they lost, they dropped all the way down to 9 when all the rest of the teams won. The next week they lost to X, which resulted in them not moving up, justifying their 9 spot from the previous week. In both of those games, they were blown out. They came back with a hap-hazard effort against a terrible Louisville Male. So, can Manual beat any of the 6 other teams above them, I say no! We will soon find out, but right now, they are not justified for anything higher than the 9 spot.

I wasn't really interested in getting into this discussion, but I do think you're missing a few things in your justifications. One, St. X scored with 20 seconds left to take the lead on Manual and won 21-14. I think that's the complete antithesis of a blowout. Trinity bludgeons every team they play in the state (so far just three) - their result against any team is irrelevant in my opinion.

You also note that Manual had a haphazard effort against a terrible Male team, which they are. Male is 2-7 on the year. One of those two wins? Over Butler. And the other is over Eastern who you also rank ahead of Manual.

It's hard to view your justification as anything other than that Manual had Trinity and St. X on the schedule (while neither PRP or Butler have either) and happened to lose to those two following their win over Butler. If they lost to them Week 1 and Week 2 I think you'd have Manual ranked something like 3rd or 4th right now.

You say we'll soon find out but the reality is we never will. While Butler and PRP are facing the weak sisters of the west, Manual will get their head handed to them in the second round against Trinity.
DragonFire Wrote:I wasn't really interested in getting into this discussion, but I do think you're missing a few things in your justifications. One, St. X scored with 20 seconds left to take the lead on Manual and won 21-14. I think that's the complete antithesis of a blowout. Trinity bludgeons every team they play in the state (so far just three) - their result against any team is irrelevant in my opinion.

You also note that Manual had a haphazard effort against a terrible Male team, which they are. Male is 2-7 on the year. One of those two wins? Over Butler. And the other is over Eastern who you also rank ahead of Manual.

It's hard to view your justification as anything other than that Manual had Trinity and St. X on the schedule (while neither PRP or Butler have either) and happened to lose to those two following their win over Butler. If they lost to them Week 1 and Week 2 I think you'd have Manual ranked something like 3rd or 4th right now.

You say we'll soon find out but the reality is we never will. While Butler and PRP are facing the weak sisters of the west, Manual will get their head handed to them in the second round against Trinity.

Great post DF and all valid points.
DragonFire Wrote:I wasn't really interested in getting into this discussion, but I do think you're missing a few things in your justifications. One, St. X scored with 20 seconds left to take the lead on Manual and won 21-14. I think that's the complete antithesis of a blowout. Trinity bludgeons every team they play in the state (so far just three) - their result against any team is irrelevant in my opinion.

Yeah, it's just like Boise St! I'm glad you got into it, it's my job to get you to discuss it. I don't really care what your comments are, just comment. When Manual is gone in week 2 then there will be nothing to talk about...
Gold Charger Wrote:From this post and others of yours, we all can see that thoes that do the rankings, some are open to input from the posters while others are not. Instead of a friendly discussion,we get....example, above post.

LOL, I'll sleep on it!:popcorn: Some I enjoy bantering with, some.....
Stardust Wrote:LOL, I'll sleep on it!:popcorn: Some I enjoy bantering with, some.....

Get the best of you and you come up with a weak post......Confusednicker:
Well your #7 ranked team, Bryan Station just got demolished by unranked Collins tonight 56-13. You still think Bryan Station could beat Manual?

Will be interesting to see your new rankings.
Gold Charger Wrote:Well your #7 ranked team, Bryan Station just got demolished by unranked Collins tonight 56-13. You still think Bryan Station could beat Manual?

Will be interesting to see your new rankings.

Yes, by 7 TD's.
Gold Charger Wrote:Get the best of you and you come up with a weak post......Confusednicker:

If I ever cared about what you ever posted, I'd spend more time replying - but I just figured - "I really don't care....":truestory:
Stardust Wrote:Yeah, it's just like Boise St! I'm glad you got into it, it's my job to get you to discuss it. I don't really care what your comments are, just comment. When Manual is gone in week 2 then there will be nothing to talk about...

Then that really makes me feel like there's no point in commenting. You don't have any rebuttals for my points?
DragonFire Wrote:Then that really makes me feel like there's no point in commenting. You don't have any rebuttals for my points?

No, I gave my rebuttal, and it plays to the timing of the losses. My point was that BSU is where they are in the rankings due to the losses of teams ahead of them. That WAS a rebuttal. I said that I don't care what your comments are (supportive or not supportive) it's to draw conversation, so don't get your feelings hurt, it's not that big of deal I was supporting your comments! It's others that I don't care about because of their incessant picking.
Stardust Wrote:No, I gave my rebuttal, and it plays to the timing of the losses. My point was that BSU is where they are in the rankings due to the losses of teams ahead of them. That WAS a rebuttal. I said that I don't care what your comments are (supportive or not supportive) it's to draw conversation, so don't get your feelings hurt, it's not that big of deal I was supporting your comments! It's others that I don't care about because of their incessant picking.

Gotcha. Took it wrong. :thumpsup: