Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is Russell County??
We welcome Russell County to the 6th district in football, but where do they belong? Many new Russell County posters on this site but in basketball , as I understand, they are in a western region being the 4th, with a young team with a good reputation.......where do these guys belong?? West in basketball , East in football , what's up?
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:We welcome Russell County to the 6th district in football, but where do they belong? Many new Russell County posters on this site but in basketball , as I understand, they are in a western region being the 4th, with a young team with a good reputation.......where do these guys belong?? West in basketball , East in football , what's up?

Apples and dinosaurs. Not all schools have football teams, but most all have basketball teams. Add to that the way the population flows, the fact that football is six classes while basketball is one and you come up with some strange bedfellows.
That said, I know nothing of Russell County other than the fact that they're called the Lakers, and that they have a pretty decent football team this season, but that previous to last season when they beat Hopkins Central in the first round, they'd won exactly one playoff game since 1998.
There were many years that Whitley and Rock were in the same district in football, and they were in completely different regions in basektball. WC in the 13th. RC in the 12th.
Russell County is......

The sons and daugthers of hard working men and women
Hard Nose, Never say Die, Fight to the last whistle players
Nick Britt Touchdowns and Tyler Robertson Three Pointers
Evan Flether Interceptions and Nick Coffee Rebounds
It is fans that travel to support their team
Its teams that compete with anyone in anything
Baseball, Golf, Swimming and any other sport you want to play
It is proud of its current accomplishments and the ones that paved the way for today's successes and tommorow's championships!
East, West doesn't matter.....send them wherever you want

Where do they belong?
On the gridiron and hardwood, on the diamond and the fairway.
Where they will represent their community, their county, and thier families well.....as we know they will in life....

As a parent i am thankful for the opportunity to cheer them on....
Go Lakers!!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:There were many years that Whitley and Rock were in the same district in football, and they were in completely different regions in basektball. WC in the 13th. RC in the 12th.

This is the same scenario as Ashland and Johnson Central
Russell Co.is located in Russell Spings,school just off Highway 127 on left if coming in from NB of 127 and their on Cent. time.
This is Russell County.
PreacherVol71 Wrote:Russell County is......

The sons and daugthers of hard working men and women

Hard Nose, Never say Die, Fight to the last whistle players
Nick Britt Touchdowns and Tyler Robertson Three Pointers
Evan Flether Interceptions and Nick Coffee Rebounds
It is fans that travel to support their team
Its teams that compete with anyone in anything
Baseball, Golf, Swimming and any other sport you want to play
It is proud of its current accomplishments and the ones that paved the way for today's successes and tommorow's championships!
East, West doesn't matter.....send them wherever you want

Where do they belong?

On the gridiron and hardwood, on the diamond and the fairway.
Where they will represent their community, their county, and thier families well.....as we know they will in life....

As a parent i am thankful for the opportunity to cheer them on....

Go Lakers!!!

^ Well Said.
Can you dig it? Wrote:Apples and dinosaurs. Not all schools have football teams, but most all have basketball teams. Add to that the way the population flows, the fact that football is six classes while basketball is one and you come up with some strange bedfellows.
That said, I know nothing of Russell County other than the fact that they're called the Lakers, and that they have a pretty decent football team this season, but that previous to last season when they beat Hopkins Central in the first round, they'd won exactly one playoff game since 1998.

However, in 2009 we lost to Lone Oak, who represented the west in the state finals, and if I'm not mistaken scored more points on them than anyone other than LexCath & Boyle.

As mentioned above, last year was our first playoff win in several seasons, and we lost in the 2nd round to ACS by 9 in a very close game. Of course ACS represented the west in the finals and lost to Boyle by 7. So we are no stranger to playing the top teams in the state. In fact several of the players in this team played significant minutes in both these games.
laker20 Wrote:However, in 2009 we lost to Lone Oak, who represented the west in the state finals, and if I'm not mistaken scored more points on them than anyone other than LexCath & Boyle.

As mentioned above, last year was our first playoff win in several seasons, and we lost in the 2nd round to ACS by 9 in a very close game. Of course ACS represented the west in the finals and lost to Boyle by 7. So we are no stranger to playing the top teams in the state. In fact several of the players in this team played significant minutes in both these games.

Russell County has never won a regional title in football, right? They had some really good teams in the late 70's and early 80's but I don't think they ever won the region. This team has a chance to change that this year and next.