Poll: Who will win the 57th District this season?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
6.67%
Lawrence Co.
0%
Magoffin Co.
46.67%
Paintsville
33.33%
Sheldon Clark
13.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011/12 57th District Thoughts?
I look for this to be a pretty tight District this season with Magoffin Co. as a slight favorite. Sheldon Clark looses Booth. But returns a solid core. Paintsville returns every starter. But, Carroll will be just coming off of ACL surgery. Johnson Central or course will be in the thick of things. But, I think is one maybe two years away from there previous selves.

Just trying to get a few thoughts on the toughest District in the Region IMO.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I don't think Andria Hansford is returning to the Lady Tigers this year. She is supposedly hanging up the sneakers.
^She'll be there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Found out recently that Carroll will be back for sure also!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Should be interesting.
With Leah Vanhoose, Hansford and Kerrigan Samons in the post and strong perimeter shooters, this looks like the Lady Tigers' have a real shot at the District title. Shelby Carroll is reportedly rehabbing quite well, and Megan Jones is a solid all around player. With some young help coming in for valuable minutes, this should be a good season for the Lady Tigers.
This is Magoffins to win or loose. To much talent that was young last year.
I agree Eagle, this is Magoffins to win or lose. They are my pick to win region.
It's going to be crazy year in the 57th as always! Paintsville and Magoffin 1 and 2 for sure I think with Magoffin having the very slight edge and Sheldon Clark at the 3 spot because Newsome is very capable of scoring big numbers. I don't think she is as strong as Booth at all but still talented. I also think Magoffin is the favorite for region with Paintsville right behind them