Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt 35 Hazard 34 Final
I had a feeling this would be a great game. After seeing these 2 teams the last 2 weeks against Somerset there isn't a whole lot of difference between the 3 teams. The biggest difference is probably that Breathitt has the best quarterback of the 3. All 3 teams have a chance to make deep playoff runs.
Wowsa great game, and some huge stones by Breathitts coach to go for 2 and the win at the end. Something happened to give them the ball on the 1 instead of the 3 after the touch down. Does anyone know?

Looked like Breathitt was the more conditioned team at the end. They just kept pounding the ball down the field.
great hard fought victory for the bobcats(: congradulations boys.
zaga_fan Wrote:You get an answer anyway.

We have to compare Perry and Hazard via their accomplishments in separate games because the Dawgs don't want to play the Dores.
And Perry hates Hazard Smile

AGAIN... The true Hazard people want to play Perry...

But Thanks To perry for thinking about the bulldogs every Friday
Congrats bobcats... I didn't make it but sounds like a great game... Breathitt is a hard place to go and try to get a win... But hats off to my bulldogs on a good game... A least the ugly red school across the way lost tonight!!!
I agree with an above poster that if they played 10 times this year its probably be a 5-5 series. I also said If they couldnt contain Trent then Breathitt would win and it shows. Hazard has to work on disipline or there not going to win these close game situations. The one good thing about this situation is it seems that Hazard QB is getting better with each considering he has never played Qb before in his life. How was the hazard running game in this one? Any teams have any injuries in the game? I heard Olinger took a nasty ball on his back and really wasnt the same after that or thats what the radio announcers said.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:Something happened to give them the ball on the 1 instead of the 3 after the touch down. Does anyone know?

Breathitt's radio announcers thought the call was unsportsmanlike conduct on Hazard but they weren't 100% sure either.
Congrats Bobcats
Altro Cat Wrote:Breathitt's radio announcers thought the call was unsportsmanlike conduct on Hazard but they weren't 100% sure either.

Thats a SHOCKER!!!!!
Lots of penalties and mistakes by both teams in this one. With Breathitt's poor kicking game, they almost HAD to go for two with the ball at the 1 yd line, IMO. Hard fought game from both teams.
Congrats to the Bulldogs !! Great game 1A vs 3A !!! Good game !!!
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:Wowsa great game, and some huge stones by Breathitts coach to go for 2 and the win at the end. Something happened to give them the ball on the 1 instead of the 3 after the touch down. Does anyone know?

Looked like Breathitt was the more conditioned team at the end. They just kept pounding the ball down the field.

Any time Spuds crew call's a game there will be a lot of weird, wacky calls no one can explain. Several time's they would let a play continue after momentum had stopped without blowing the whistle. Causing Breathitt and Hazard to get unsportsmanlike pentaltes called.

That's the difference in 90 players and 45 players.
This was a great game and a good win for the bobcats. The bobcats came out very flat on defense in the first quarter, they were always in the right place but they were not get the 50/50 balls inthe secondary. They gave up 27 points in the first quarter,21 of them points were off turnovers. Then they woke up in the second quarter some what and had a key stop on the goal line that I think gave them alot of energy going in to halftime. The second half was pretty much dominated by the bobcats other than the kickoff return late in the game. The defense put alot more pressure on the bulldogs qb and the bulldogs was not getting them big long pass like they were in the first quarter. My hats go off to both coaches and players on both sides, because both teams gave every thing the had out there on the field. The bobcats showed alot of heart and determination to play through the horrible first quarter and come out victorious. I look for both teams to make a deep run in the playoffs. I also think that this year Hazard team is the best Hazard team I have seen and that saying somthing consider how many good teams they have of late.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Any time Spuds crew call's a game there will be a lot of weird, wacky calls no one can explain. Several time's they would let a play continue after momentum had stopped without blowing the whistle. Causing Breathitt and Hazard to get unsportsmanlike pentaltes called.

That's the difference in 90 players and 45 players.
I thought the refs called a good fair game, the calls they made were legitmate calls. The personal fouls they called on both teams were good calls and the right ones.The one that Hazard drove Will Collins 5 or 6 yards out of bounds was with out a doubt a personal foul and a very dirty play. I really thought the refs didn't let the game get out of hand and kept both teams in check.
Bigblue#4 Wrote:I thought the refs called a good fair game, the calls they made were legitmate calls. The personal fouls they called on both teams were good calls and the right ones.The one that Hazard drove Will Collins 5 or 6 yards out of bounds was with out a doubt a personal foul and a very dirty play. I really thought the refs didn't let the game get out of hand and kept both teams in check.

Was you at the same game? Setting close to the line? Did you catch where the line judge got "adjusted" by another ref by about 5 - 6 yards. It was very apparent. They had no option but to call unsportsman like on that play with Collins, IMO at least 2 guys should have gotten thrown out over that.

Make no bones about it, the game was dirty. Number 31 could attest to that....

Just glad we came out with the W. I listened to the postgame report on WJSN and if I heard them right Hazard had 2xx yards offense and Breathitt had 40x yards.

Did anyone see that big number 56 crack his helmet?!?!? This guy is vicious!!
zaga_fan Wrote:You get an answer anyway.

We have to compare Perry and Hazard via their accomplishments in separate games because the Dawgs don't want to play the Dores.
And Perry hates Hazard Smile

True dat.
Bigblue#4 Wrote:This was a great game and a good win for the bobcats. The bobcats came out very flat on defense in the first quarter, they were always in the right place but they were not get the 50/50 balls inthe secondary. They gave up 27 points in the first quarter,21 of them points were off turnovers. Then they woke up in the second quarter some what and had a key stop on the goal line that I think gave them alot of energy going in to halftime. The second half was pretty much dominated by the bobcats other than the kickoff return late in the game. The defense put alot more pressure on the bulldogs qb and the bulldogs was not getting them big long pass like they were in the first quarter. My hats go off to both coaches and players on both sides, because both teams gave every thing the had out there on the field. The bobcats showed alot of heart and determination to play through the horrible first quarter and come out victorious. I look for both teams to make a deep run in the playoffs. I also think that this year Hazard team is the best Hazard team I have seen and that saying somthing consider how many good teams they have of late.

I think Hazard would have went for the field goal if their starting kicker had not been hurt. They also missed and extra point attempt. Those 4 points would have changed the outcome.
Sounds like this was one heck of a game..
I figured it'd be close, but not that close!
Congrats to the Bobcats! This was a Barnburner. Continue on to State! Gross #56 and Fugate #8 are beasts of linebackers!
Yea, I saw #56 Gross crack his helmet! Awesome player with a lot of talent and heart! Gives it his all!!
I don't think that you can blame the defense for the opposing team scoring when they score on kick-off returns and turnovers on the 30 yard line......geez! It sounded like to me that the defense is what kept them in the game.....JMO......The interception made near the end of the game by Fugate was the nail. Pointing fingers is not the answer to anything.....every down and every play is important.....on both sides of the ball. With that I will say congrats to the bobcat football team.....and to the whole coaching staff!