Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Ind. 41 Lynn Camp 12
The Dragons pulled off the win although it wasn't real pretty at times. A win is a win.
Congrats to the Green Dragons on the win. How many yrds. did Saragas have in the game?
Good job, Harlan Ind.!!
Big Five-0- Wrote:Congrats to the Green Dragons on the win. How many yrds. did Saragas have in the game?

He may not have broken 200 yd's. This game was mostly a running attack along with a punt return of 75 yd's for Young. We will just have to wait to get official stats. Both teams were fumble prone tonight. When we scored it was usually on the 2nd or 3rd play and was for big yardage. Saragas didn't have very many plays to work with as far as racking up a lot of yards in the air. If he went over 225 yd's I'll be surprised.
Dragonsdad Wrote:He may not have broken 200 yd's. This game was mostly a running attack along with a punt return of 75 yd's for Young. We will just have to wait to get official stats. Both teams were fumble prone tonight. When we scored it was usually on the 2nd or 3rd play and was for big yardage. Saragas didn't have very many plays to work with as far as racking up a lot of yards in the air. If he went over 225 yd's I'll be surprised.

Thanks .
Congrats Green on the win.
Good win harlan.
Good win Harlan
Good job Dragons!!
Saturday, September 17
Dragons overcome mistakes to triumph over Lynn Camp

By JARROD SHERMAN

Sports Correspondent

It’s a testament to how far Harlan has come that the Green Dragons can overcome a flat performance to pull off a convincing win, as they did in Friday’s homecoming game against Lynn Camp.

Harlan won its third straight game, routing the visiting Wildcats 41-12 despite an effort laden with miscues. The Dragons fumbled seven times, losing three, and committed five penalties, four of which resulted in first downs for Lynn Camp.

“I’m not real pleased with the effort we got tonight, as strange as that may sound in a 41-12 game,” Harlan coach J.B. Donahue said. “I think our kids can play much better than they showed tonight.

“It was a lack of concentration, not paying attention to detail. We had one fumble because the kid didn’t even know he was supposed to be getting the football. You’ve got to know the offense. The turnovers were much worse than the penalties.”

The Dragons defeated Middlesboro 48-42 in overtime last week, but Donahue declined to lay the blame for Friday’s struggles on an emotional hangover.

“It sounds like a pretty good excuse, but I’m not taking it,” Donahue said. “We’ve got to go back to work. Last week was an emotional high, and it’s tough to come off that, but these kids have to learn to bounce back and play every week.

“There’s no more youth days – we’re a veteran team with lots of junior and seniors, and we’ve got to be ready to play each and every Friday.”

The Dragons scored on all of their first-quarter possessions as junior quarterback Ty Saragas hooked up with three different receivers.

Harlan (3-1) kept its first drive alive with a fourth-down conversion by Demarcus Williams after Saragas missed his first two pass attempts. Two plays later, he connected with Dakota Morris for a 24-yard scoring strike. Ryland Atkins’ kick gave the Dragons a 7-0 lead with 6:40 left in the first quarter.

Lynn Camp’s Jordan Bledsoe fumbled away the ensuing kickoff, and the Dragons needed just two plays to extend their lead on a 20-yard pass from Saragas to Williams at the 5:41 mark.

The Wildcats turned the ball over on downs, and Harlan again struck quickly as Saragas connected with senior Vince Bianchi for a 55-yard score. Atkins booted the extra point to extend the Dragons’ lead to 20-0 with 2:20 remaining in the first quarter.

Lynn Camp finally answered after benefiting from Harlan’s fourth penalty of the game, a 15-yarder for running into the kicker on Ryan Donley’s punt attempt. Junior Jessie Keith, a fullback who has been pressed into action at tailback as the Wildcats have been decimated by injuries, carried five times on the drive and hauled in a 5-yard pass from sophomore quarterback Aaron Mills to put the Wildcats on the board with 6:12 left in the half.

Back-to-back penalties on the ensuing possession left Harlan facing first-and-33 from its own 45, but Bianchi took a handoff on a sweep and scampered up the left sideline for his second touchdown of the game.

“He’s a big-play guy, a playmaker, and he did what he’s capable of doing tonight,” Donahue said. “When we get him one-on-one, he does a good job with it.”

The Dragons fumbled away their final possession of the first half and their first two after the break. A special-teams spark got Harlan back on track, as junior Eric Young returned Donley’s punt 74 yards for a touchdown at the 3:39 mark in the third quarter.

Lynn Camp answered with a six-minute drive that covered 65 yards in 11 plays, culminating in Mills’ 1-yard plunge with 9:39 to play.

With reserves in the game for both teams, Harlan added one final touchdown on a 5-yard run by Casey Gambrel.

Saragas completed five of nine passes for 117 yards. Bianchi led the Dragons’ balanced ground attack with 56 yards on just two carries. Junior Cody Logan added 48 yards on three carries.

Lynn Camp (0-5) was led by Keith with 23 carries for 72 yards. Mills contributed to an uncharacteristically prolific passing attack, completing six of 16 passes for 64 yards.

“They had a lot more success throwing the football than we expected, and way more than they should have,” Donahue said.

“I don’t want to be completely negative. I thought physically, we met the challenge. Last year, Lynn Camp came in here and just ran over top of us, and tonight I thought we were much better physically. I thought we hit them back and were aggressive with them.”

Harlan will travel to Leslie County next week, while Lynn Camp will play host to Whitley County.

Lynn Camp 0 6 0 6 12

Harlan 20 7 7 7 41

H – D. Morris 24 pass from Saragas (Atkins kick)

H – Williams 20 pass from Saragas (kick failed)

H – Bianchi 55 pass from Saragas (Atkins kick)

LC – Keith 5 pass from Mills (kick failed)

H – Bianchi 55 run (Atkins kick)

H – Young 74 punt return (Atkins kick)

LC – Mills 1 run (run failed)

H – Gambrel 5 run (Atkins kick)

LC H

First Downs 11 10

Rushes-Yards 40-85 24-172

Passing Yards 77 126

Att-Comp-Int 7-17-0 6-10-0

Punts-Avg 2-37 1-55

Fumbles-Lost 2-1 7-3

Penalties-Yards 2-10 5-45

Individual Stats

Rushing: Lynn Camp, Keith 23-72, Donley 3-8, Mills 11-5, Bledsoe 3-0. Harlan, Bianchi 2-56, Logan 3-48, Anderson 1-23, Gambrel 3-16, D.Morris 2-10, Williams 3-10, T.Morris 2-8, Atkins 2-2, Saragas 4-2, Overbay 1-1, J.Turbyfill 1-(-4).

Passing: Lynn Camp, Mills 6-16-0-64, Keith 1-1-0-13. Harlan, Saragas 5-9-0-117, T.Morris 1-1-0-9.

Receiving: Lynn Camp, Bledsoe 4-31, Donley 1-25, Walters 1-13, Reynolds 1-8. Harlan, Bianchi 2-66, D.Morris 1-24, Williams 1-20, Atkins 1-9, Logan 1-7.
^ perfect timing as i could not find it
Ill be real surprised to see LC win a game this year.
I dont know how long its been since theyve went winless, as a matter of fact, i dont know if Coach Mitchell has ever went winless, but its possible.
Congrats to the Dragons!
Lynn Camp will not win a game this year. Their remaining schedule is Whitley County, Berea (only possibility but unlikely), Campbellsville, Williamsburg, and Middlesboro.

Coach Mitchell has had a good program for a long time, but it has slowly been on the decline for quite some time. As bad as I hate to say this, that program is in shambles right now, and it may be time for a change.
Congrats to the Green Dragons

Not surprised at this win, but I didn't think the margin would be this big!!
It probably could have and should have been worse. Lynn Camp is terrible.
hitemup Wrote:Lynn Camp will not win a game this year. Their remaining schedule is Whitley County, Berea (only possibility but unlikely), Campbellsville, Williamsburg, and Middlesboro.

Coach Mitchell has had a good program for a long time, but it has slowly been on the decline for quite some time. As bad as I hate to say this, that program is in shambles right now, and it may be time for a change.

I think many people have been saying that for a very long time over at LC
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think many people have been saying that for a very long time over at LC

I agree with you, but they have been at least competitive up until the last 2 years. There have only been about 10 teams that I have seen that is worse than this Lynn Camp team, and I have watched a whole lot of football and a whole lot of different teams.
With the turnovers that the Green Dragons had, it is kind of impressive that they still had such a dominating win!!

Congrats Harlan!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Lynn Camp is in a down part of the cycle that is just part of being a small 1A school. Although I don't see them getting better anytime soon.
I knew this would be bad lol.