Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rowan Co. 35, West Jessamine 32
Final.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stats?
Congrats RC
Rowan was out scored 32 to 14 in last 3 quarters, turned the ball over twice, had several penalties for what must have been close to 100 yards, drop several passes, and some how when the game was on the line come up with stop and pond out the tough yards to win the game. sometimes leadership and desire delivers close wins

:closed:
Anyone got any stats on this game? I'm curious about Wing's and Williamson's stats.
GetChili Wrote:Anyone got any stats on this game? I'm curious about Wing's and Williamson's stats.
williamson's will be low he didn't play much for some reason
i don't think wing had many through the air too many dropped passes
#1vikingfan Wrote:williamson's will be low he didn't play much for some reason
i don't think wing had many through the air too many dropped passes

Alright. Thanks for the info.
Congrats RC
Whoever got after me for not having rowan ranked when i had knox ranked after knox "barely beat" West Jessamine, needs to look at this score.
Make no excuses, Rowans def really needs some work to stop big plays. They will hold 3rd and long than give up another big play. Williamson hurt ankle 1st play he run, did not get to show his skills all game. Adam Wing put the team on his back final minutes and pulled out the win
you should have seen the hits wing deliver while running the ball, he sent three players to the side line, one it took five min to get off the field and those hits came between the hashmarks. and another thing most of williamson yards have come up the middle. i watched knox/west jess game and knox is no where near as good as they were last year. my point about knox was that they just don't look that good, which is not what i was expecting out of them.

runitupthegut if rowan beats ashland by 1 do they then get the nod? winning is winning. they may not blow people out but they get the win 5-0 baby
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whoever got after me for not having rowan ranked when i had knox ranked after knox "barely beat" West Jessamine, needs to look at this score.

West Jessamine is not as bad as their record might indicate. They hung around in this game and put points up without their best offensive player. They have just played a brutal schedule.
I think Rowan needed to win this by 14+ to get the nod. I'm confident the offense is there, but the D is not top 20. A win against Ashland might be enough, but look at what all those teams in the Top 10 from last week are doing.

Rowan has been at the threshold, but so has Lone Oak, Franklin-Simpson, Madisonville.

Just keep winning!
RoShamBo Wrote:West Jessamine is not as bad as their record might indicate. They hung around in this game and put points up without their best offensive player. They have just played a brutal schedule.

That what i was getting at...
#1vikingfan Wrote:you should have seen the hits wing deliver while running the ball, he sent three players to the side line, one it took five min to get off the field and those hits came between the hashmarks. and another thing most of williamson yards have come up the middle. i watched knox/west jess game and knox is no where near as good as they were last year. my point about knox was that they just don't look that good, which is not what i was expecting out of them.

runitupthegut if rowan beats ashland by 1 do they then get the nod? winning is winning. they may not blow people out but they get the win 5-0 baby

We shall see. Honestly, if they beat Ashland theyve got a good chance.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:We shall see. Honestly, if they beat Ashland theyve got a good chance.

Would you say any of the teams Rowan has beat would measure up to George Washington or Ironton? Actally Russell has a good team too, as their close enounter with Ironton would indicate. How do you see the coming clash between these two district foes turning out?
nice win
Well, I think the reason why this was so close is because Williamson did not play much for some reason. I don't know why he did not play much, hopefully he doesn't have any type of injury!

Congrats Vikings!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
leecoukfan Wrote:Well, I think the reason why this was so close is because Williamson did not play much for some reason. I don't know why he did not play much, hopefully he doesn't have any type of injury!

Congrats Vikings!

If I heard correctly though WJ was also without their best offensive player in Knight. WJ is not a bad football team, but I don't think Rowan is a great team either.