Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home schoolers form own football team in western Kentucky
http://www.highschoolsports.net/sports/p...ucky_n.htm

Pretty cool!
This is pretty cool. I applaud the coaches who took this challenge on.
If the KHSAA is going to allow kids from all over the nation and 50 other countries to transfer to schools in Kentucky to strictly play sports, they should allow home school students to play with public schools. I used to be against it but with all this other bull@#$% taking place, especially in the 14th region, I now think they should be allowed to do so. The home school kids parents at least are paying taxes in that school district.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:If the KHSAA is going to allow kids from all over the nation and 50 other countries to transfer to schools in Kentucky to strictly play sports, they should allow home school students to play with public schools. I used to be against it but with all this other bull@#$% taking place, especially in the 14th region, I now think they should be allowed to do so. The home school kids parents at least are paying taxes in that school district.
I know florida allows home school students to play sports in the district they live in. Tim Tebow was home schooled and played for meace high
They can play and have this opportunity----- its called public education!
I don't see why you can't play for a team if you live in the district. I think if you quit home school you count on the schools drop out numbers. If they have to take a hit on the kid from that, they should be allow to utilize his talents for sports.
It is about the money it takes about $500 to outfit a single football player on the cheap. schools don't wanna pay that if the kids aren't enrolled.