Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trinity @ Cincinnati Elder 9/9
We have a few weeks to prepare for this one. Massay prediction has the Shamrocks losing this game 21-20.
This is a great test for Trinity's defense. Elder has an extremely powerful O-line and if they can move the ball early, often, and keep Trinity's high powered offense off the field, then Elder will win this game. This will be a good game, but I think Elder's ball control will get the job done

Elder- 24
Trinity- 21
If Trinity can come out and find away to dominate this game or atleast hold back Elder on defense, then it could propel them to number 1 with a little help.
After what trinity has done the last 2 weeks, there is no doubt in my mind.

Shamrocks win 28-14.
Shamrocks, 21-13
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If Trinity can come out and find away to dominate this game or atleast hold back Elder on defense, then it could propel them to number 1 with a little help.

Beating a team like Elder will garner notice from those doing the national rankings. However, there will be some that contend that Elder is not at the same level that they have been in the past. But to be the #6 team in a football rich state, I still think that going into the Pit is one of the toughest wins in the country. If the Rocks can beat them, then they will have proved that they are as good as any team in both Ohio and Tenn! To show that on your resume will catch a lot of national attention.
Elder
Elder looks at this game and thinks about two things.

First, they are fighting for their playoff lives. For KY schools, the playoffs are determined by how they do in their districts, this is not true in Ohio. In Ohio, the playoffs are determined by the Harbin system. Under the Harbin system, you are awarded points for the games you win and the games your victims win. You get no points for a loss. The Harbin rating also determines first round location, the top four teams in each region play at home, then all other games are played at a "neutral" site.

Second, Elder plays every game for pride. Pride for the GCL-S as they will tell you that it is the best league in the country (whether it is is a matter of debate, I personally think it is not even the best in the state of Ohio). Pride for the state of Ohio, as they think Ohio HS football is far superior to anything that KY has and any school in OH should beat any team from KY. Remember, this is the same school that defeated Charlotte Independence and ended their 109 game win streak. Pride that they are playing in the Pit, which was rated one of the top 10 HS stadiums in the USA several years ago.

It would delight me no end to see Trinity soundly defeat the Panthers, however, I look for a close Elder win maybe 28-27.
I would love to watch this game.

I know nothing of either one but what the hey, Ill take...
Trinity35
Elder 31
Trinity is extremely strong this year, they have some unbelievable athletes and one of the best coaches in the state. I think they come out of the Pit with a win.

Rocks 28
Elder 14
Wise one Wrote:Elder looks at this game and thinks about two things.

First, they are fighting for their playoff lives. For KY schools, the playoffs are determined by how they do in their districts, this is not true in Ohio. In Ohio, the playoffs are determined by the Harbin system. Under the Harbin system, you are awarded points for the games you win and the games your victims win. You get no points for a loss. The Harbin rating also determines first round location, the top four teams in each region play at home, then all other games are played at a "neutral" site.

Second, Elder plays every game for pride. Pride for the GCL-S as they will tell you that it is the best league in the country (whether it is is a matter of debate, I personally think it is not even the best in the state of Ohio). Pride for the state of Ohio, as they think Ohio HS football is far superior to anything that KY has and any school in OH should beat any team from KY. Remember, this is the same school that defeated Charlotte Independence and ended their 109 game win streak. Pride that they are playing in the Pit, which was rated one of the top 10 HS stadiums in the USA several years ago.

It would delight me no end to see Trinity soundly defeat the Panthers, however, I look for a close Elder win maybe 28-27.

Great post, and summarized perfectly. This could fit as a perfect description of at least 5 different Cincy shcools
Stardust Wrote:Great post, and summarized perfectly. This could fit as a perfect description of at least 5 different Cincy shcools

True. I don't understand why some Cincy teams schedule KY teams that might keep them out of the playoffs. Seen teams from OH go undefeated and miss the playoffs because of SOS. Don't like there system much. Also don't like 6 classes where a team can lose every game and still make the playoffs. Go into the playoffs make a 4 hour bus ride and get stomped 70-0. Stardust, have an answer for a better system?
I'll take Trinity by a field goal against a raucus crowd at the pit.
Ill take trinity 28-24 over Elder.
hop24 Wrote:True. I don't understand why some Cincy teams schedule KY teams that might keep them out of the playoffs. Seen teams from OH go undefeated and miss the playoffs because of SOS. Don't like there system much. Also don't like 6 classes where a team can lose every game and still make the playoffs. Go into the playoffs make a 4 hour bus ride and get stomped 70-0. Stardust, have an answer for a better system?

for Cincinnati schools like Elder, St. Xavier, Moeller, and Colerain, they'll take whatever games they can get because nobody else in Cincy wants to play them. Also, Trinity and Louisville St. X usually help those teams get into the playoffs, win or lose. The Harbin System is a crazy mathmatical system that decides whether teams make the playoffs or not, but Ohio needs it because it rewards teams that play a challenging schedule and Ohio has 716 schools eligible football in 6 divisions.
toussaints Wrote:for Cincinnati schools like Elder, St. Xavier, Moeller, and Colerain, they'll take whatever games they can get because nobody else in Cincy wants to play them. Also, Trinity and Louisville St. X usually help those teams get into the playoffs, win or lose. The Harbin System is a crazy mathmatical system that decides whether teams make the playoffs or not, but Ohio needs it because it rewards teams that play a challenging schedule and Ohio has 716 schools eligible football in 6 divisions.
Trinity will win this game.
You have to root for your Kentucky teams no matter what when you play out of state teams!!

Going with the Shamrocks in a great game!
Trinity by 21 Go Rocks
I'm in my late fifties and have never seen a better football team from Kentucky. Trinity has a chance to be the national champions with a young team. If, they don't win it this year, they will next year. I'll take Trinity by 10.
Trinity by 21 I hope they blow them out and put up 50 or 60.
Trinity 28-14. Go Rocks.
Trinity 21-10.
Wise one Wrote:Elder looks at this game and thinks about two things.

Well stated and pretty accurate, but I still think Trinity will win. Trinity has way too much speed and quickness for Elder.