Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike central is a legit contender in the 15th region
I've liked pike central all year in the 15th. They host their dist. and they'll make it to the region. They beat a solid Boyle co. team this year and beat Belfry at their place .Didn't P.c.c. have a starter out when Belfry beat them at P.c.c.? Belfry is solid as well and beat a good Morgan co. team this season, who is favored in the 16th.Youi can't count out Johnson cent. as well, I know they have hit a skid, but they host the region and Mccarty can carry then at home to the sweet-16. I'm still going with a P.C.C- Belfry regional final. P.c.c. 82----Belfry 80(0T) P.c.c. goes to rupp!:rock:
Theres alot of good competition this year in the 15th. Hard to say who win it..

Will be a interesting regional tournament this year.
To much competition in the 15th to make a pick now. I couldn't chose a winner until the championship game. But I'm a die hard Raider fan so I'm gonna say South Floyd and Paintsville in the 15th Championship. South Floyd- 79 Paintsville- 76
So true Torqque.On a given night, anyone in th 15th could win the thing!(almost anyone)
i honestly think that South Floyd will be in the championship game in the region but who they will be facing will be a toss up
its crazy how open the 15th is aint it..
pretty much any decent team has just as good of a shot of winning as any other
thats true the past couple of years the 15th has not been as good as it has been in recent years.....but i mean its a complete toss up but with everything in me i feel that the raiders will be in the championship game
Where are all the District tournaments being held? I know Prestonsburg and Pike Central are hosts. But the others are unknown to me. Also, in regard to an early post concerning the location of the Regional Tournament, I thought that starting this year the event would be held at the new Expo Center in Pikeville?
15th will be all about who comes and brings there 'A' game that night.
After Paintsville losing to East Ridge tonight, I would say there chances are slipping. The 15th is so weak this year it is untelling!
IMO...any of the 8 teams that reach the region will have a shot at winning it.
Great parity.
yes the regionals are being held at the expo center...an i thought someone said even the districts not sure if theres any truth behind it
They do a shot but so does about 8 other teams
JC
Paintsville
Belfry
PC
South Floyd
PBurg

any one of these could do it
Pike Central is not hosting districts this year, it is at Belfry...
PIKE CENTRAL can make a run they are as good as anybody at this point.
I know that the 15th is completely open right now...BUT

Will the 15th region winner (whoever that is) be good enough to competitive in the sweet 16?
I believe it's possible a few of the teams in the 15th could compete with some of the teams from the 7th Region...However, its obvious you have to give the edge to the 7th Region because they are stacked with J-Town, Eastern, Ballard and Male who all have legit shots at winning the 7th...O well, whoever wins the 15th, hopefully will represent us well...
59th at East Ridge, 60th at Belfry. Don't know about the others.
Hmm

Region was going to be held in the Expo Center from what I heard, and Pike Central is hosting it there. But I dont know how accurate my statement is, just a rumor I heard.
Uhh yeah they are! lol
57th at JCHS
The only bad problem with the 15th Region, or overall with the Eastern Ball teams is height advantage. The more Western and Norther Teams are alot larger, and alot more.. I don't want to say Athletic, but play more heads up ball.
58th at P'burg
Not only are they legit, they are probabily one of the favorites.

The teams who I think have a shot at winning it are PC, JC, Paintsville, SF, Belfry, and Prestonsburg...I believe one of those six team will be in Rupp.
There definitely a contender! :rock:
Everyone is a contender in the 15th