18. Christian Academy
19. Lawrence County
20. Ryle
21. Danville
22. Daviess County
23. Beechwood
Warren Central
25. Warren East

Others Receiving Votes - Butler, Pikeville, Allen County Scottsville, Boone County, Bishop Brossart, Trinity, Lexington Christian, Warren East, Bowling Green, Somerset, Union County, Henry Clay, Bullitt East, Holy Cross-Covington

Haha Pikeville falls out after not losing a game since the last poll. Oh well.
doesn't someone from Lexington Do this?
Strikeout King Wrote:doesn't someone from Lexington Do this?
Coaches that are members of the KHSBCA vote on it
Panther Thunder Wrote:Coaches that are members of the KHSBCA vote on it

I was wondering about this cause there's always 5 or 6 Lexington Schools always in the Top 25
Panther Thunder Wrote:KHSBCA Coaches Poll

2011 Regular Season Poll - May 12, 2011

1. Lexington Catholic
Madison Central
3. Lafayette
4. Eastern
5. St. Xavier
6. Central Hardin
7. Paul Laurence Dunbar
8. Apollo
9. Male
10. Bryan Station
11. Pleasure Ridge Park
12. Tates Creek
13. Hopkinsville
14. Ballard
15. Covington Catholic
16. Woodford County
17. Harrison County
18. Christian Academy
19. Lawrence County
20. Ryle
21. Danville
22. Daviess County
23. Beechwood
Warren Central
25. Warren East

Others Receiving Votes - Butler, Pikeville, Allen County Scottsville, Boone County, Bishop Brossart, Trinity, Lexington Christian, Warren East, Bowling Green, Somerset, Union County, Henry Clay, Bullitt East, Holy Cross-Covington

Haha Pikeville falls out after not losing a game since the last poll. Oh well.
Guaranteed, after dropping 15 on Harrison County, Brossart jumps up to at least 17th next week. Crazy poll, coaches in Lexington/Louisville need to read past their own team's names in the newspaper to see what's going on around the state.
PHSForever Wrote:Guaranteed, after dropping 15 on Harrison County, Brossart jumps up to at least 17th next week. Crazy poll, coaches in Lexington/Louisville need to read past their own team's names in the newspaper to see what's going on around the state.
Oh, and Harrison County WON'T drop out of the top 25. Forgot to add that.
pikeville out, still no clay county. kinda messed up!
southbound Wrote:pikeville out, still no clay county. kinda messed up!
All boils down to having a halfway decent exposure schedule (LC played in the LIT, for example) and a "marquee" player such as Shepherd, who is not only good, but is a UK signee. Clay has played some good games, don't get me wrong. But if Brossart, after finishing runner up in the All A can't even crack the top 25, Clay doesn't have much of a chance. Someone needs to light Mike Fields' email inbox up and get him mentioning E Ky baseball a little more, most coaches in Lexington never turn past his page, sounds like.
PHSForever Wrote:All boils down to having a halfway decent exposure schedule (LC played in the LIT, for example) and a "marquee" player such as Shepherd, who is not only good, but is a UK signee. Clay has played some good games, don't get me wrong. But if Brossart, after finishing runner up in the All A can't even crack the top 25, Clay doesn't have much of a chance. Someone needs to light Mike Fields' email inbox up and get him mentioning E Ky baseball a little more, most coaches in Lexington never turn past his page, sounds like.

i guess just like in life it boils down to who you know.
i do believe knott co should be in this
14thregionrules Wrote:i do believe knott co should be in this

wins over hazard, pikeville, pberg. nice wins but not enough to get any votes. maybe if they would have beaten grc
Pikeville is a good quality win but Prestonsburg and Hazard not so much.
Knott hasn't earned there way into top 25 yet.
If they win the Region then maybe.
Warren East=I rest my case...haha
I don't know why so many people continue to get worked up over the state baseball rankings.
PHSForever Wrote:Guaranteed, after dropping 15 on Harrison County, Brossart jumps up to at least 17th next week. Crazy poll, coaches in Lexington/Louisville need to read past their own team's names in the newspaper to see what's going on around the state.

Never Happen.
The Panthers will be in the thick of things when it is all said and done.
Most of the voting is a popularity contest, but it does have a lot to do with your schedule and those coaches who do vote being able to see your team? If you want a ranking you either change your schedule and travel a little more, or you become friends with all those coaches so they'll vote for you?