Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Draft.net Mock Drafts and Projections
5 Star Elite Wrote:He will be drafted late first round or early second. True centers are a rarity these days and he will be a 10 and 10 guy in the NBA...

Noway. I don't think he'll ever play in the league.
Aslan Wrote:Noway. I don't think he'll ever play in the league.

They said that about chuck hayes to? I kinda agree though. But who knows.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:They said that about chuck hayes to? I kinda agree though. But who knows.

I'd love to see it, but it's very doubtful. I could possibly see him getting drafted late in the second round...maybe.
You must not have been listening to all the talk about this kid. Coaches and announcers are crazy about this kid because of his size, work ethic, defense, and team first mentality. Plus he is a Senior who is ready to play "Now" in the league instead of needing years to develop like most young Centers do. Put it like this; Kwame Brown and Aaron Gray are Centers in this league. Josh Harrellson is every bit as good as both of them....

http://www.5StarEliteSports.com
Kanter can go #1 IMO.
5 Star Elite Wrote:You must not have been listening to all the talk about this kid. Coaches and announcers are crazy about this kid because of his size, work ethic, defense, and team first mentality. Plus he is a Senior who is ready to play "Now" in the league instead of needing years to develop like most young Centers do. Put it like this; Kwame Brown and Aaron Gray are Centers in this league. Josh Harrellson is every bit as good as both of them....

Brown and Gray were never 10 and 10 guys in the NBA. JH was never one in college so why would he be in the NBA, against the worlds best? He's listed at 6'10" but I think he's more like 6'8". He also has no post moves, most of his points at UK were from Knight or Liggins penetrating and setting him up for layups.
I hated on Josh earlier in the season, but have come to respect him tremendously. With that said, I just can't see him ever being a success pro. At best I could see him getting drafted late in the 2nd round and going from team to team as a 3rd string center. I hope I'm wrong.
Aslan Wrote:Brown and Gray were never 10 and 10 guys in the NBA. JH was never one in college so why would he be in the NBA, against the worlds best? He's listed at 6'10" but I think he's more like 6'8". He also has no post moves, most of his points at UK were from Knight or Liggins penetrating and setting him up for layups.
I hated on Josh earlier in the season, but have come to respect him tremendously. With that said, I just can't see him ever being a success pro. At best I could see him getting drafted late in the 2nd round and going from team to team as a 3rd string center. I hope I'm wrong.

You are completely correct in stating that Brown and Gray are not 10 and 10 guys, but I don't ever recall saying that they were. I stated that Harrellson is better and that he could be a 10 and 10 guy. And as far as size goes, he is a solid 6'10'; I don't know where you get your misinformation from.

As far as him being a 10 and 10 guy in college, you are correct in stating that he was not one, but he was an 8.7 and 7.6 guy who rarely got the ball in the post because he was the last option in a dribble drive offense that focused primarily on it's perimeter players. Most of his points came from putbacks and guards penetrating ans dishing the ball, but here is a question for you. How often does Joakim Noah create off the dribble or Marcus Camby or Kendrick Perkins??? I am seriously doubting that you know the roles and responsibilities of a "True Center"....

Centers Responsibilities:
1) Defense/Toughness
2)Rebounding
3)Scoring

Notice Scoring is #3 on the list. Ask any coach alive if he would put that list in another order and I guarantee you the answer is a resounding NO!!!

5 Star Elite Wrote:You are completely correct in stating that Brown and Gray are not 10 and 10 guys, but I don't ever recall saying that they were. I stated that Harrellson is better and that he could be a 10 and 10 guy. And as far as size goes, he is a solid 6'10'; I don't know where you get your misinformation from.

As far as him being a 10 and 10 guy in college, you are correct in stating that he was not one, but he was an 8.7 and 7.6 guy who rarely got the ball in the post because he was the last option in a dribble drive offense that focused primarily on it's perimeter players. Most of his points came from putbacks and guards penetrating ans dishing the ball, but here is a question for you. How often does Joakim Noah create off the dribble or Marcus Camby or Kendrick Perkins??? I am seriously doubting that you know the roles and responsibilities of a "True Center"....

Centers Responsibilities:
1) Defense/Toughness
2)Rebounding
3)Scoring

Notice Scoring is #3 on the list. Ask any coach alive if he would put that list in another order and I guarantee you the answer is a resounding NO!!!

Watching him play, he just don't look like he's 6'10". In one of your earlier posts you said he would be a 10&10 guy in the NBA, but he wasn't even one in college, just don't make any sense to me.
I didn't say nothing about JH or any center having to create off the dribble. I said he didn't have many moves in the post. The few opportunities he had there this year, he did not excel.
Comparing JH to Camby and Noah is an awful comparison. Those guys are athletic and play above the rim, unlike JH. Camby won the John R. Wooden Award and the Naismith College Player of the Year Award. Noah was voted 2nd team All American. Perkins can see more than the other two. Perkins is not extremely athletic and like JH is very limited in the post. Nonetheless Perkins is one of the strongest and most physical players in the league, and brings a toughness to the game that few players can.
I don't need you to tell me anything about the roles of a center. Depending on the team, is how the center will be used and what is needed. Orlando needs Dwight Howard to do EVERYTHING for them. Scoring, rebounding, being the enforcer in the paint, running the floor, kick to open shooters when he's doubled, etc. Miami uses Erika Dampier for nothing more than being a big body on the floor and to use his 6 fouls Big Grin
It's funny you mention that scoring is 3rd on your list. The All Time leading scorer in NBA history is a center. The record for most points in a game is owned by another center. Some of the most dominate scorers in the NBA's history have been centers. However the center is needed to fit best into a teams system is how he going to play. Defending and rebounding are givens for ANY big man though.
Anyway to the point; JH is not athletic, limited offensively, and is not a shot blocker or going to change many NBA players shots. I just don't see a place for him in the league. This is a weak draft so he might get drafted late in the 2nd round. I hope he does, I wish him nothing but the best, he wore the UK jersey with a lot of pride.
Ok , you make the point that he is not athletic or offensively versatile enough to make it in this league and you also make comparisons to Dwight Howard and Wilt the Stilt Chamberlain..... First I never said we was gonna be an All-Star, I just said he would be a great Role Player. Let's look at some "Big Men who are not Athletic and somehow have made a place for themselves in the NBA...

Kendrick Perkins
Zydrunas Ilgalskus
Nick Collison
Jeff Foster
Matt Bonner
Thiago Splitter
Elton Brand
Zach Randolf
Chris Kaman
Andrew Bogut
Brad Miller
Mehmet Okur

And the list goes on....

Dwight Howard and others you named are exceptions to the rule. Him being a 10 and 10 guy doesn't mean he's gonna be an All Star Hall of Famer. And you are right; different teams do have different needs but the Centers that you compare him to "ARE NOT" Traditional Centers!!! So don't get mad, just trust that you are wrong and that I am right.... Thank you!!!:Thumbs:
5 Star Elite Wrote:Ok , you make the point that he is not athletic or offensively versatile enough to make it in this league and you also make comparisons to Dwight Howard and Wilt the Stilt Chamberlain..... First I never said we was gonna be an All-Star, I just said he would be a great Role Player. Let's look at some "Big Men who are not Athletic and somehow have made a place for themselves in the NBA...

Kendrick Perkins
Zydrunas Ilgalskus
Nick Collison
Jeff Foster
Matt Bonner
Thiago Splitter
Elton Brand
Zach Randolf
Chris Kaman
Andrew Bogut
Brad Miller
Mehmet Okur

And the list goes on....

Dwight Howard and others you named are exceptions to the rule. Him being a 10 and 10 guy doesn't mean he's gonna be an All Star Hall of Famer. And you are right; different teams do have different needs but the Centers that you compare him to "ARE NOT" Traditional Centers!!! So don't get mad, just trust that you are wrong and that I am right.... Thank you!!!:Thumbs:

Oh you don't know me very well. I don't trust anybody and I'm also never wrong. I'll remind you about how wrong you were on this when he's not in the league or he's a 3rd string center who is nowhere close to a 10 & 10 guy.
Anyway, I know I'm right about this and I want to be wrong. I love JH and what he's done for UK
Agree to disagree, well see who's right in the next few years. :Thumbs:
I love Harrellson's attitude and toughness. I would hope one team gives him a chance.
Aslan Wrote:Oh you don't know me very well. I don't trust anybody and I'm also never wrong. I'll remind you about how wrong you were on this when he's not in the league or he's a 3rd string center who is nowhere close to a 10 & 10 guy.
Anyway, I know I'm right about this and I want to be wrong. I love JH and what he's done for UK
Agree to disagree, well see who's right in the next few years. :Thumbs:

Wouldn't go that far big guy.