Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry Co hires Jason Spencer
Hey Can't get right, I think he will hate on the clock operator!
I think Captain has issues anyway. I mean look at who he supports, Louisville Cardinals, Bengals, Lakers, and Crimson Tide!
False Hope Wrote:Spencer will do fine. I think the only problem he will have early is putting a staff together. The district has 0 teaching spots to bring in a staff.

Yet the turnover each year is very high. Most teachers look every spring for something better. The elementary school in New Castle has at least nine new teachers this year. :Clap:
Young Henry Man Wrote:Yet the turnover each year is very high. Most teachers look every spring for something better. The elementary school in New Castle has at least nine new teachers this year. :Clap:

Wishful thinking YHM, you and I both know that the kricket will chirp and NO coaches who teach will be hired. Write it down, it aint happening. He needs to go and beg Coach Johnson to come back and take over the OL...that's the only hope they got up front. Otherwise only having 3-4 coaches will be the down hill spiral to the bottom. Just my opinion.
bigboy26 Wrote:Wishful thinking YHM, you and I both know that the kricket will chirp and NO coaches who teach will be hired. Write it down, it aint happening. He needs to go and beg Coach Johnson to come back and take over the OL...that's the only hope they got up front. Otherwise only having 3-4 coaches will be the down hill spiral to the bottom. Just my opinion.

Beging anyone to do anything might be the first sign of failure! The last thing he wants is someone on staff that he had to beg to coach.
Young Henry Man Wrote:Yet the turnover each year is very high. Most teachers look every spring for something better. The elementary school in New Castle has at least nine new teachers this year. :Clap:

goscots56 Wrote:Beging anyone to do anything might be the first sign of failure! The last thing he wants is someone on staff that he had to beg to coach.

Or first sign of humility. He better try, that O-line ain't gonna coach itself. Without a solid OL/DL coach, that ship will sink faster than the Titanic. The schedule is brutal, the talent is way down, and he needs a staff. 3 guys won't get it done, hope he does what it takes or that community will get restless really fast.
bigboy26 Wrote:Or first sign of humility. He better try, that O-line ain't gonna coach itself. Without a solid OL/DL coach, that ship will sink faster than the Titanic. The schedule is brutal, the talent is way down, and he needs a staff. 3 guys won't get it done, hope he does what it takes or that community will get restless really fast.

Hey bigboy if you are close to Henry would you consider helping this season:Thumbs:

That just looks like the admin. is dumping on the football program if they wont hire coaches.
I don't think coach Spencer will have any issues putting together a quality staff. We were able to do it and so can he. LB is a very good coach and they would be lucky to keep him on staff over there, however, the new coach will need to go extend a hand to him. The community is wonderful in the way they support the kids and coaching staff, he will find that out in due time. The only struggle he may have is fundraising. Not much industry in the county and there are 2 schools and too many programs that bleed the county dry. The school will pay for footballs, officials, paint, and travel. Outside of that for the most part, they will be on their own. Boosters have done a good job in the past of raising decent money usually around 30k on a good year. Good luck to the new coach, you will have kids that work their tails off!
zebra'seyes Wrote:I think Captain has issues anyway. I mean look at who he supports, Louisville Cardinals, Bengals, Lakers, and Crimson Tide!

Guess again my friend!
Coach E Wrote:I don't think coach Spencer will have any issues putting together a quality staff. We were able to do it and so can he. LB is a very good coach and they would be lucky to keep him on staff over there, however, the new coach will need to go extend a hand to him. The community is wonderful in the way they support the kids and coaching staff, he will find that out in due time. The only struggle he may have is fundraising. Not much industry in the county and there are 2 schools and too many programs that bleed the county dry. The school will pay for footballs, officials, paint, and travel. Outside of that for the most part, they will be on their own. Boosters have done a good job in the past of raising decent money usually around 30k on a good year. Good luck to the new coach, you will have kids that work their tails off!

True that, there has been 40-50 kids in the weightroom, 4 days a week. I did not know about the Footballs, but they do pay for reconditioning of the Helmets.
I can remember Coach Martin and Coach E struggling their first year, but things were changed by the 2nd year.
Best of luck to Henry Co, and I will be at every game.
From another site, sounds like this new coach Spencer is making all kinds of demands. Demanding to be covered for travel, getting a new cell phone, flat screen tvs, the list goes on and on. Does not sound good over there in Henry County.
This is a formula for disaster. If the coach doesn't move to Henry Co., then he isn't planning on staying at Henry for long.
He did not make demands!
From what other people are saying on another site, he is not going to move to Henry and demanding A LOT OF STUFF. Stuff that most places will never provide.
This sounds really bad at Henry, never have I seen so much negative stuff about a place after the hiring of a coach. This guy better have a plan.
Wow, these demands/wants/needs should have ALL been laid out before both sides agreed to taking/offering the position, and it ALL should have come WAY before he was ever introduced to the team.

If Spencer is the BEST of all of the applicants that they supposedly had, then maybe their applicant pool was not as strong as they thought.
See what I am talking about...
goscots56 Wrote:Wow, these demands/wants/needs should have ALL been laid out before both sides agreed to taking/offering the position, and it ALL should have come WAY before he was ever introduced to the team.

If Spencer is the BEST of all of the applicants that they supposedly had, then maybe their applicant pool was not as strong as they thought.

I can tell you that Spencer was not the best applicant, I know of at least four coaches who applied that have been very successful. And They had several guys on staff that had a better resume than Spencer. BUT, he is the pick of the administration so its time to see what he can do.
I know of a couple coaches with much better resumes' that pulled out due to the administrations not willing to hire assistant coaches in the school.
score now! Wrote:i know of a couple coaches with much better resumes' that pulled out due to the administrations not willing to hire assistant coaches in the school.

who?
It doesn't matter, this guy is the head cheese now, and we only learn from failure.
Im just saying look at the stats and facts, in the 3 years Spencer was the SW running back coach. They had the most fumbles ever and their running backs couldnt block a coke bottle. You can say what you want but stats and facts dont lie. I was told from someone very close to the SW program that Coach A pushed hard to get Spencer this job. Im not trying to start anything Im just saying. Good luck to Spencer at HC, sounds like he is going to need it.