Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mountain players nominated McDonalds all american
Every Year Players are Nominated To Participate Showcase their talent In the Mcdonalds All American Games.
Several Local players were Nominated with the actual players being selected
at a later date on ESPN.
Players nominated:

Whitney Belle Jackson ~Clay County
Danay Fothergill ~Southwestern
Chelsey Smith~Pineville
Carla booth~Sheldon Clark
Sara Hammonds~Rockcastle County

Congratulations and Good Luck
To All on the Final selection.
Represent Our area with pride.:Thumbs:
WOW! All of these are nominated? That is very impressive!
what an awesome honor for these young ladies !!!! CONGRATS
Those are some mighty fine players representing the mountains Good luck and Congratulations.
Congrats!
Have seen three of the five play and each are well deserved of the honor.
Congrats to such a wonderful group of young ladies!!
One thing this group has in common is they all are very respectable and coachable.
I remember several years ago a big time college Coach proclaimed "He would not recruit a kid which had grass in their front yard" In a round about way He meant he only wanted inner city kids which more than likely lived on the outside courts or had easy access to Gyms such as the YMCA or boys clubs popular in the big citys at that time so there talents would blossom quicker and supposedly produced better players towards that coaches way of thinking.
I think With all the programs getting involved like in our area implemented For some years now such as junior pro's..Hoop shoots..and church Functions such as Upward Bound & many others too numerous to mention reaching out and working with kids at a young age I believe does make a difference in a players life.
It does my heart good to see players from small towns doing well such as one of my personal favorites Richie farmer whom the experts thought was a step slow and perhaps to short...... but boy did he prove em wrong. Wink.