Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley Hires Michael Roberts as Head Coach
Good hire for the wildcats. Now if they can just get kids to come out and play now. Good luck coach and to the wildcats....
Good hire for the Wildcats, he will change the attitude about baseball hopefully.
What is his background? I am not sure I know him?
Seems like it should be a good fit for SV. I think he will at least force them to take it seriously and that is a huge first step.
Congratulations to Mike Roberts and the SV Baseball Team:Thumbs:
This is a move in the right direction for SV- Let's just hope for good movement in other programs as well.
Wildcat FB Parent Wrote:Congratulations to Mike Roberts and the SV Baseball Team:Thumbs:
This is a move in the right direction for SV- Let's just hope for good movement in other programs as well.

Time will tell if this is a good hire.
great hire for the wildcats mike roberts will make the team much better, and actually make the players work cant wait to see how the season for the wildcats will go this year...Good Luck to the Wildcats and Coach Mike Roberts..
Congrats to valley on the hire, and goodluck this seaon.
Bottom of the barrel hire for Shelby Valley. Talked to somebody who said this was their absolute last option if they couldn't find somebody else. I guess the fact that they waited til Feb. says it all. I give him 2 years before he jumps ship.
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:Bottom of the barrel hire for Shelby Valley. Talked to somebody who said this was their absolute last option if they couldn't find somebody else. I guess the fact that they waited til Feb. says it all. I give him 2 years before he jumps ship.

Boy I bet you are a real supporter of that program.... This is a good hire because he knows the game, and he has kids coming through the program which means he will be there for a long time. They will not be a power house but will be taken serious. Give him 4 years and then judge what he has done.
hootie Wrote:Boy I bet you are a real supporter of that program.... This is a good hire because he knows the game, and he has kids coming through the program which means he will be there for a long time. They will not be a power house but will be taken serious. Give him 4 years and then judge what he has done.

When did I say I was a real supporter of the program? I was just voicing my opinion. It is pretty obvious he was their last choice. Ask some of the parents if they wanted him. How many games did the Middle School win last year?
But since you wanted to start something, is it just coincidence that you said give him 4 years? What year are you entering into with the softball job? Are you pleading for 4 years yourself after last year's season? :eyeroll:
No I was not pleading anything. I know that they are going to struggle just to get kids out. Last year was a down year but I could have been like most teams and had a cupcake schedule. We will be better this year, and will continue to work hard. People like you make me sick because you hide behind a website. Please if you think you can coach either program then come out and help. I am sure you are one of the negative people that is constantly bashing the program. I want all programs at SV to succeed. They have a coach that started a middle school program and plans on staying for a long time. That is something that they have not had in a long time.
I don't have too big of a problem with Roberts being the new HC but to be fair from all that I heard he was their last choice. They pretty much begged 2 or 3 others to take it trying to avoid him but he is all that would take it so kudos to him for stepping in. I don't think he is that great of a coach but he will try and that is more than the last 2 seasons. SV will never be good at baseball as much as I hate it. Just the sad truth