Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Book
What is your favorite book?

If it is the Bible, please post what book OF the Bible. Most of us love the Bible and will list it as one of, if not THE favorite book, SO if it is the Bible just post what book. (Example: Matthew, Revelation)
in grade school I loved "Big John"...About a very strong black man who out dug a steam powered digger!...he died at the end of the tunnel!...and all te trains from then on would blow their Whistle's in memory of Big John the steel driving man!....tear!

In middle school I loved "Wait till Helen comes!"....spooky story about a child ghost named Helen that lures children to their death!...yikes...still gives me chills!

Highschool I got into serial killers!...."Lizzy Borden's Axe!" was my favorite!....the woman was brutal!....Didn't take 40 Whacks though!...lol

College I Found my love for Trashy romance novels!...And I'll Always have a special place in my heart for " Viking" by Connie Mason!....Captured, Plundered, and totally loved up by a huge powerful Viking!...Yumm!

I read a book every day since I got a Kindle!....I'm Currently on book 209 for this year!....mostly all romance!...I've learned a lot...and my husband approves!...wink!...hehehe
Bible...
The book of James is really good but short.
I stay in the Gospels a lot as well.
Bible: Book of Luke

Series: Robert B. Parker's "Spencer" series. Witty, action-packed, downright funny!

Favorite Book Charecter: Alex Cross (Jame's Patterson Crime series)

Author: Mick Foley
I like Matthew out of the Gospels because it forces you to study, lol. I also have found a love for Romans.

I am a big fan of Crazy Love by Francis Chan. What a challenging book. It makes you think about how much you love God.

Almost ANYTHING by John Ortberg including my personal favorite "If you want to walk on water, you've got to get out of the boat"

Non-religious materials that I like are:

As a boy I loved the Encyclopedia Brown books. I read a lot of the Goosebumps, etc...

As a teenager and most of college I did not read much but LOVE Baseball Digest magazine. Does that count?

I mostly read church/spiritual books now. If you have not read Crazy Love or any-book by John Ortberg, I SERIOUSLY recommend it!