Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th region
I know this is little of the topic, but did any of the top players from last season go on to play anywhere at the next level, Johnson-Corbin, Miller-Knox, and Wilson-Clay.
MVP2 Wrote:I know this is little of the topic, but did any of the top players from last season go on to play anywhere at the next level, Johnson-Corbin, Miller-Knox, and Wilson-Clay.
Miller-knox @ union College, Johnson-corbin @ Union College, Smith - Corbin @ Union College, St John Southlaurel @ Union College
Prototype Wrote:Miller-knox @ union College, Johnson-corbin @ Union College, Smith - Corbin @ Union College, St John Southlaurel @ Union College

St John has already left Union.

Wilson from Corbin went to Alice Lloyd.
Did DJ Wilson from Clay Co go anywhere? Thanks for info GG.
goodguy Wrote:St John has already left Union.

Wilson from Corbin went to Alice Lloyd.
Where did St john go to?
Prototype Wrote:Where did St john go to?

Heard he quit school, personal reasons.
MVP2 Wrote:Did DJ Wilson from Clay Co go anywhere? Thanks for info GG.

Not sure if he is playing anywhere.
Scofield Wrote:Harlan County is a team that could make some noise in the region. Young, but very talented.

I definitely agree, they have all the right pieces and play like brothers which helped take them to the elite 8 in the KBA tournament, where they almost beat scott county.... they may lack athleticism but thier hustle, determination, and dedication is whats gonna cause some major upsets in the region
Black Bear Phenom Wrote:I definitely agree, they have all the right pieces and play like brothers which helped take them to the elite 8 in the KBA tournament, where they almost beat scott county.... they may lack athleticism but thier hustle, determination, and dedication is whats gonna cause some major upsets in the region

That's been a staple of most Mike Jones coached teams.
palmer Wrote:Middlesboro is starting over. Harlan beat them last year and has four starters returning.

Middlesboro has a bunch of good juniors and sophmores. When they were getting beat by Harlan in the first matchup last year, these guys brought them back and won the game for them. I think Middlesboro will be better than Harlan because of Harlan really doesnt have any size. Middlesboro has a bunch of athletes this year.
TheAnswer Wrote:Middlesboro has a bunch of good juniors and sophmores. When they were getting beat by Harlan in the first matchup last year, these guys brought them back and won the game for them. I think Middlesboro will be better than Harlan because of Harlan really doesnt have any size. Middlesboro has a bunch of athletes this year.

Harlan beat them later in the year at home. Middlesboro lost their most two experienced players. Harlan got better through out the year. I am pretty sure when Middlesboro made the run at the end of the first half, Harlan had 3 starters setting on the bench in foul trouble. I have also heard, they now have two big kids.
Harlan Co. will have a great bunch of sophmores this year. A lot of them saw varsity time last year and looked tough in freshman games. They work hard on the court and never quit, 100% to the end. With their experience from last year and hustle, they are fun to watch. I sure am looking forward to basketball season. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!! :Cheerlead
Black Bear Phenom Wrote:I definitely agree, they have all the right pieces and play like brothers which helped take them to the elite 8 in the KBA tournament, where they almost beat scott county.... they may lack athleticism but thier hustle, determination, and dedication is whats gonna cause some major upsets in the region

Did a little research.....
How is being down by 18 at the half and getting beat by 32, considered almost beat????????

Scott County 12 30 22 17 81
Harlan County 10 14 12 13 49
goodguy Wrote:Did a little research.....
How is being down by 18 at the half and getting beat by 32, considered almost beat????????

good research....
goodguy Wrote:Did a little research.....

you researchers ruin everything.i had them winning state until now.
watch out Knox.. little under the radar this year by the end of the season could be region champs..
MVP2 Wrote:Did DJ Wilson from Clay Co go anywhere? Thanks for info GG.
DJ is not playing. He turned down some offers from some small schools. He was just wanting to concentrate on school
KCPANTHERS Wrote:watch out Knox.. little under the radar this year by the end of the season could be region champs..
never heard that before.
I think bell county will turn some heads this year. Rebuilding a little but a whole lot of talent