Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pikeville 06
what will they have
I expect them to be better than last season, at least I hope so. The Honaker twins will be back for their junior seasons and Daniel Harmon is going to be a very good player for the Panthers. John Michael Mayo is going to be a very good QB, esp. running the ball. If the offensive line plays good, and according to the 05 roster Pikeville will have 6 senior offensive/defesnive linemen next season, Pikeville could have one of the best running attacks in the mountains. I have heard that Pikeville may have a few incoming freshmen next season that may be able to contribure right away at the varsity level...I think one is a RB. I think having allready been in Coach Jackson's system and weightlifting program for a whole year that the Panthers will be pretty tough. I'm interested to see what some closer to the team think the Panthers are capable of next season. What is the schedule looking like next season. I'm sure Pikeville will play the toughest schedule of any other class A team in Region 4 again, which will result in possibly a few losses early in the season. I heard Pikeville was playing Lexington Henry Clay in the Pike County Bowl...can anyone confirm this? That will be a TOUGH matchup for Pikeville. I was hoping Pikeville would square off with Corbin in the Pike County Bowl. I assume the Panthers will play Prestonsburg again, as the 2 schools seem to be playing every season now. Belfry will come to Pikeville this season with a 5 game winning streak over their cross county rival. It should be a interesting season for the Panthers and come playoff time Pikeville will be a contender for the regional title.
Daniel Harmon is a good runningback. Pikeville is always tough, and i'd say they will win that district in 06.
Chaz Jackson is the man!
Pikeville will be playing Henry Clay in the Pike County Bowl.
thats gotta suck
They should have a good team in 06
IMO Casey Rowe is the best D. lineman in the region...John Mayo, Daniel H. The twins, along with some other roll players should make for an exciting season for the Panthers...Good luck Pikeville
Plaese beat the Jumpers this year and win state!
Buck the Funnies
pikeville will be good as always and with their new coach putting them thru what i have heard they will be well conditioned
I have heard Coach Jackson has installed a very tough and productive offseason weightlifting and conditioning program also. Coach Jackson has a unreal work ethic and it will start showing very soon on the field IMO.
Best D-line in EKY 1A!
I talked to a member of the coaching staff today and he seemed to be very excited about next season. He said the Honaker twins will probably start at OLB and Mayo will be the MLB....He was VERY high on Mayo for both offense and defense and called him the best pure hitter that he has ever coached. He told me that Pikeville was getting all new equipment for their weightroom and that the kids are making a lot of progress in the weightroom...next years team will be MUCH stronger and conditioned than last years team. Supposely the Panthers are having good numbers in the weightroom...Coach Jackson is getting almost all of the athletic kids in the high school working hard in the weightroom and excited about coming out for football next season...He said that they could have as many as 10 new players(including some big kids)that could be on the team this year that choose not to play football last season. Pikeville will play AAAA Henry Clay in the Pike County Bowl, AA schools Prestonsburg and Belfry, and AAA East Jessamine in the bowl game in Corbin as their non district schedule.
why ant they playing prestonsburg in pike Co bowl
Tough Turf Wrote:why ant they playing prestonsburg in pike Co bowl
Because they are playing at Prestonsburg later in the season.
Tough Turf Wrote:why ant they playing prestonsburg in pike Co bowl

I wish they were...Pburg is allready on the schedule and Coach J and staff want to play teams from out of the area in the bowl.
Pikeville is going to be better than they were last year. they will have a very good ofeensive line for their backs to run behind. their defense returns 8 starters and their defense pitched 6 shutouts last season. their linebacking core is goin to be good with the honakers and may their line will be almost the same as last year with a new definsive end coming in, and their secondday will hopefully be better than last year.

as for playing out of area teams for the pike county bowl... it brings in more people because of the bigger schools in other areas which in turn brings in more money for the program,
Sasquatch72 Wrote:...their defense returns 8 starters and their defense pitched 6 shutouts last season.

But how did they do against the "good teams" on their schedule?

The times I saw them play, they looked like they needed to work on TACKLING more.

I do think they could have the best overall special teams game though -- the kicker looked like a D-1 kid to me.
Their pass defense was horrible last year against good teams, however their run defense did pretty good in most of the games. Belfry and NCC had success against the Panthers on the run but they were just better teams. Somerset and Hazard had some success also on the run but I think a lot of that was set up by their success in the pass game. Pikeville's defense should be much improved this year. Their LB corps will be one of the best in the mountains regardless of class. The Dline will be very experienced and tough to run on. The secondary has to get better and I'm sure Coach J and staff are addressing that. The offense should be pretty good and is going to have a very good run game. If Pikeville's secondary is able to improve they will be tough for any team in class A region 4 to beat but if it doesn't teams like Paintsville, Somerset, Lynn Camp and Hazard should have the athletes to beat the Panthers.
pikeville will have once again one of the most solid running games next season with harmon, mayo, and the honakers, but the real question is who does coach jackson now go to for receivers on those 3rd, 4th down situations with the graduation of most notably sexton, stanley, and robinson coming out of the backfield?
mtnfootball7 Wrote:pikeville will have once again one of the most solid running games next season with harmon, mayo, and the honakers, but the real question is who does coach jackson now go to for receivers on those 3rd, 4th down situations with the graduation of most notably sexton, stanley, and robinson coming out of the backfield?

I think alot of those guys you mentioned will be receivers as well. Also, Jacob Sword & Mitch Jackson had some big catches this past season.
i dunno about those backs being good wideouts in long yardage situations, but sword is a very shifty player...but those wideouts will hardly make up for robinson, sexton, and stanley...these guys made clutch catches the whole year...
i think they will b alot better next year... with alot of help from copelys lifting program
How is their offseason program going? Numbers? Type of workout?
i hear of alot of workouts involving ab/s and ive heard of doin band squats and stuff... everytime i pass pikeville high school in the evening there r a few players coming outta the school after weightlifting... and this is usually at about 6 or 7 at night... everyday