Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone know if Johnson Central's RB is going on to college?B
Does anyone have a clue if this kid is getting letters or what? He lead the state in season yards and TD's. Does anyone have a clue about his future?
I don't know if he's big enough to play RB in Div I, but he sure can play wideout.
I think i heard hes going to Morehead? But don't hold me to that.
if ron dosnt get a football scholarship which im sure he could to a smaller college due to size i know for a fact he could get one in track
How fast is Blume exactly? 40 time? 100 time?
im not sure about his 40 time and if im not mistaking his 100 time is like 11.2 but dont quote me on that it could be in the 10's
Ron is a member of the site and at the conclusion of their season said he was wanting to go to a smaller college at first and then later try to transfer up to to division I. He may have changed his mind by now, but he's a great player with a good head on his shoulders.
Anyone know how fast the Jones kid from Belfry was? How does Blume stack up to him?
Tomcat68 Wrote:Ron is a member of the site and at the conclusion of their season said he was wanting to go to a smaller college at first and then later try to transfer up to to division I. He may have changed his mind by now, but he's a great player with a good head on his shoulders.
If I was him, I would go to a prep school or a JUCO. That way he can get better and he will get looks at big time schools. A football player from Nelson County did this. He got zero offers from any level. He went to Hargrave Military academy (prep school) in Virginia, and got offers from Kentucky, Alabama, North Carolina State, and Viriginia. That is pretty good IMO. Good luck to what ever he decides.:Thumbs:
Ron averages his 40 time around 4.5 but has ran a 4.4 i think but dont hold me to that.
where ever he decides to go im sure he will have an impact wether it be on the football field or on the track
I got to talk to Mr. Blume recently. He said he hadn't decided on a school. He said he would like to go the junior college route and to beef up. I didn't know he was a short and skinny. The pads make this kid look a lot bigger than he is.
even tho he may not be big enough for a D-1 RB he could retur punts and play some FS or SS
Pikeville College should be all over this kid trying to convince him to stay home and play at the NAIA level. There is some good football at that level and it could be a good option for him if the bigger schools do not come calling...good luck to him, he is a fantastic football player.
PHSFAN Wrote:Pikeville College should be all over this kid trying to convince him to stay home and play at the NAIA level. There is some good football at that level and it could be a good option for him if the bigger schools do not come calling...good luck to him, he is a fantastic football player.

Thanks. Ron is leaning more towards Morehead State and EKU in Kentucky. Also Denison, Capital, Ohio Wesleyan, and Mount Union are all in Ohio and still in high consideration. I believe Mount Union was the D-3 National Championship team this year, but don't hold me to that.

It's an extremely hard decision for him! :HitWall:
i think he'll be alright were ever he goes
good luck blume
good luck ron
I have had the pleasure of watching this player grow into a great MAN!! Any school would benefit with the signing of Ron. He is a class act!:theman:
Ron has a ton of offers on the tables he is on a hold out for a couple colleges. He told me he wants to hold on for about a couple more months, and he will go somwhere bigger than Morhead. I think Music is goin to Morehead but Ron isnt plannin on it yet.
yes Mt. Union was the D-3 champs...I beleive that any of those schools would love to see Blume on their roster. He is a fantastic runner, and could still be in the backfield with some size and strength. Marshall Faulk was not offered many chances at running back in college, and look at how that turned out. He could play any of the previously mentioned positions. He will need to work hard to get to the D-1 level....but I am very confident that it will happen.
David Jones was said to have ran a 4.25 at an Ohio State camp......but he is listed at a 4.41 on UK's info.
I go to Morehead St. and there were a few transfers from here to go to bigger schools after this season, so that is something to look into.
IMO Ron can go about anywhere if he wants, i would not blame him for stayin at a D2 school and buildin up some he is a great player and a rocket. I played with Ron for 5 years and one things i can say about him is that he doesnt have the big head in any way. That will be a great thing that any college would love to get in a freshman. Well good luck Ron keep it up and you will go far.
good luck ron
Not to down the guy at all, he is a good back, but he isn't better than Doug Howard, and he went (by choice, he could have went bigger) alot of places, but he seen something he liked at Pikeville, mabey Bloom should think about somewhere small...
i-dono Wrote:Not to down the guy at all, he is a good back, but he isn't better than Doug Howard, and he went (by choice, he could have went bigger) alot of places, but he seen something he liked at Pikeville, mabey Bloom should think about somewhere small...
Hey now dont sell blume short he is one of the best in tha state. He lead the state in rushing and very few games did he have less than 250 yards. Even in his "bad" games he had 100+ yards.
I never said he wasn't a good back, but IMO Doug Howard is ALOT better!
i-dono Wrote:I never said he wasn't a good back, but IMO Doug Howard is ALOT better!
I say they are equal players I dont know who in the state could keep up with Ron.