Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 15 - Ravens 10
Ok, this was a must win, the Bengals found a way to win. But these two teams were terrible offensively. Flacco and Palmer are flat out BAD!

Neither team dod a very good job running the ball. And penalties were of the stupid kind.

Defense was defintely the theme. If the Raven's are still the defense of the league, then the Bengals may be close to surpasssing them. The Bengals made big plays all day long. With four INT's and several pressures on Flacco late in the game, I was very impressed with the Black stripers. They did not allow TJ a single catch.

Special teams won the game for the Bengals. Bernard Scott's big kick-off return and the 5 FG's by Nugent was the whole game.
Final Stats

Ravens -Bengals

1st Downs 14 -14
Passing 1st downs 7 -8
Rushing 1st downs 6- 4
1st downs from penalties 1- 2
3rd down efficiency 4-15 -3-18
4th down efficiency 0-1- 0-0
Total Plays 63 -67
Total Yards 259 -253
Passing 150- 159
Comp-Att 17-39- 16-35
Yards per pass 3.8- 4.5
Rushing 109- 94
Rushing Attempts 23- 31
Yards per rush 4.7- 3.0
Red Zone (Made-Att) 0-1 -0-4
Penalties 5-45 -9-56
Turnovers 4- 0
Fumbles lost 0 -0
Interceptions thrown 4 -0
Possession 25:44- 34:16
Fun game to watch... Im glad to see the Bengals got the win.
Stardust thank you for the stats!! Defense was GREAT and the offense got the Ravens defense to bend just enough to get these field goals. Games like this are ones that they have to be able to pull out. Allowing them to pick up the divisional games are all in all these are the ones that matter. SO Bengals are 1-1 and more important 1-0 in the division.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wow!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Just got home.... Who Dey!

Boring game with no TD's for the Bengals but still exciting. Scotts kickoff return was icing on the cake.

I must agree with star, I didnt think id see anyone worse then Palmer.....then i watched Flaco for 60 min.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Stardust thank you for the stats!! Defense was GREAT and the offense got the Ravens defense to bend just enough to get these field goals. Games like this are ones that they have to be able to pull out. Allowing them to pick up the divisional games are all in all these are the ones that matter. SO Bengals are 1-1 and more important 1-0 in the division.

And have won a record setting 8 consecutive AFC North games!:Clap:
csabo17 Wrote:Just got home.... Who Dey!

Boring game with no TD's for the Bengals but still exciting. Scotts kickoff return was icing on the cake.

I must agree with star, I didnt think id see anyone worse then Palmer.....then i watched Flaco for 60 min.

csabo, I missed you posting during the game, but glad you got to be there and witness the game. No matter the poor offense, you got to see a win. I'm glad you were able to say Who Dey!
It is just me .... I don't think Palmer can throw the long ball anymore....or is it the OC? Much too conservative!:eyeroll:
If I've said it once, I've said it 100 times, the Bengals need to draft a new QB. Carson Palmer is finished! Completely missed a wide open Ochocinco in the back of the endzone. Over threw TO on a couple of occasions where he had a couple of steps on the defender. Under throwing curl routes. It's the same ole song and dance for Carson. It's time for a change at QB.
This is the very definition of an UGLY win, but I'll take it. When you think about, aren't all the Bengals-Ravens games usually ugly?

Anyway, as for the game, both offenses were pretty pathetic. As was mentined earlier, Carson had a very poor game against a weak Baltimore secondary. He missed several open receivers all day, the most noticeable being a wide-open Chad Ochocinco in the end zone. I will say part of the problem is an O-line that doesn't know how to pass-block worth a lick, but when Carson had time to throw, his accuracy was still off.

Stars of the game are Mike Nugent, and of course, the entire Cincy defense. After being embarassed last week, the defense manned up and shut down the supposedly upgraded Ravens offense. And 5-of-5 on field goals? Nugent looks like a huge improvement from Shayne "Chokejob" Graham.

Start off the season with New England and Baltimore and come out with a split? I'll take it. :rockon:
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Who dey!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
They D really played good....4 INT's
::Famous:: Wrote:They D really played good....4 INT's

To be honest Flacco made our secondary look really good. All 4 picks were very bad balls. If im remembering correctly, i dont think any where outstanding go after it picks, but over and under thrown balls.
Still you get 4 picks, chances are your gonna win. Who Dey?
Bengals are doing good this year.