Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 27 Whitley County 21
Now it's time to ask the question to all the Belfry fans and everyone else on BGR:

Whitley was out of timeouts and pinned inside their own 10 yard line. Why not just take the knee 3 times instead of run a play?

Haywood is possibly the most conservative HC in Kentucky, but with the game a done deal he chose to run a play that was one chinstrap away from costing them the "W".
Congrats Pirates!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Now it's time to ask the question to all the Belfry fans and everyone else on BGR:

Whitley was out of timeouts and pinned inside their own 10 yard line. Why not just take the knee 3 times instead of run a play?

Haywood is possibly the most conservative HC in Kentucky, but with the game a done deal he chose to run a play that was one chinstrap away from costing them the "W".

You mean Belfry was inside Whitleys ten and decided to run the ball with just a minute left.
LWC Wrote:Belfry better get it together! Too talented to let Whitley get this close.

I don't think Belfry is as "Belfry" as they usually are this year, if that makes sense.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Now it's time to ask the question to all the Belfry fans and everyone else on BGR:

I can tell you this, when Coach called the play he told the offense "No score."
I missed this game TOO. Congrats Belfry.
when you think there getting better,well thats enough fumbles for the rest of the year...
Congrats to Belfry.
Seems as if the Pirates can move the football against anyone, which says a lot about the offensive line! To this point, the running backs are letting down the o-line! Holes are there with frequency. There is no excuse for laying it on the ground NINE times!

On the bright side, with the exception of opening trick play score from Whitley, it sounds like the Belfry defense played well. I wasn't able to listen to the game on the webstream this week, as I was on the road.

It sounded like Pruitt had a bit of a breakout game running the ball. Was he infected with fumilitus? Who had the fumbles? Someone break em down for us that didnt get to watch or listen to the action.
Is Belfry the best 3A team in the east now?
I would not say that yet. They have alot to live up to for sure. The Pirates have perhaps the toughest schedule of any 3A team in the east. Playoff time comes, they should be a tough nut to crack.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Is Belfry the best 3A team in the east now?

NO,and right now probally lucky to be 4th best and i am i Pirate all the way..still gots alot of work to do..
The Pirates have perhaps the toughest schedule of any 3A team in the east. Playoff time comes, they should be a tough nut to crack....i agree only if they can hold on the ball..
PaytoPlay Wrote:Seems as if the Pirates can move the football against anyone, which says a lot about the offensive line! To this point, the running backs are letting down the o-line! Holes are there with frequency. There is no excuse for laying it on the ground NINE times!

On the bright side, with the exception of opening trick play score from Whitley, it sounds like the Belfry defense played well. I wasn't able to listen to the game on the webstream this week, as I was on the road.

It sounded like Pruitt had a bit of a breakout game running the ball. Was he infected with fumilitus? Who had the fumbles? Someone break em down for us that didnt get to watch or listen to the action.

The offensive line is working huge as a unit, however Garett Francis and Cameron Tackett are absolute machines in the trenches.

The D did play well, as soon as Whitley pitched it out the safety was there for the tackle... not good because that left man to man coverage on the WR... who would've expected that?

Pruitt did have a great game, he saw the field alot better and played at a faster speed. Pruitt, actually, did not fumble the ball at all. Josh Robinson had 2 fumbles early, one in which Runyon jumped early and the whistle should have been blown (but we'd thanked God if he scored...) and then another, the rest seemed to be in the exchanges. I'm pretty sure I feel bad for the guys in practice starting Tuesday.. they'll regret those fumbles.

This open week is huge. Gives us alot of time to get better before Pikeville and then district play.
Robinson seems to have a tendency to put the ball on the ground. I hope they can get that ironed out cause the kid has decent size and runs well.

Its been about vision from day one for Pruitt. If its starts being more "instictive" for him, then he'll get better and better.

As for Belfry being "the top team in the East" I would agree that they could be right up there - IF they play a complete game where they execute and protect the football. There are MANY teams that will beat them if they fumble 9 times and lose 5 of them.
Just heard that Nathan Caroll will be back for the Pikeville game.