Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mason Co. 20 - Rowan Co. 7
Final
You must have lost a bet. Your avatar says Colts fan!
I watched this game on wazoo. Great defensive effort by both teams. Mason scored their third TD with about 4 minutes left to put it away. Rowan let a lot of opportunities get away from them because of some bad penalties, two missed field goals and a lot of dropped passes. Both QB's were impressive, though Wing's numbers wont look as good as Pawsett's because of numerous dropped passes. It was a fun game to watch. Congrats Mason County on picking up a nice road win in front of a big crowd.
UKCAT5FAN Wrote:You must have lost a bet. Your avatar says Colts fan!

nope. i love my Houston Texans but i'm also a Colts fan
You are right it was a great crowd and game atmosphere. Rowan did not make the plays down the stretch they had three drives in the 1st half inside the 15yd line and came away with 0 pts (missed two FG's from 34yds and 32yds). Hats off to Mason for battling to the end against a much improved Rowan defense. Pawsat under 100yds passing and Mason's total yds under 200.
Mason Co. 7 0 6 7 20
Rowan Co. 0 0 7 0 7
Scoring summary:
MC--Josh Harris 4 run (Jordan Gilbert); MC--Neil Powsat 1 run (kick failed); RW--Adam Ring 1 run (Rhett Hughes kick); MC--Troy Chenault 7 run (Gilbert kick).
Records: Mason Co. 3-1, Rowan Co. 4-1.
More details:

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z0zst3wn75
redsfan01 Wrote:I watched this game on wazoo. Great defensive effort by both teams. Mason scored their third TD with about 4 minutes left to put it away. Rowan let a lot of opportunities get away from them because of some bad penalties, two missed field goals and a lot of dropped passes. Both QB's were impressive, though Wing's numbers wont look as good as Pawsett's because of numerous dropped passes. It was a fun game to watch. Congrats Mason County on picking up a nice road win in front of a big crowd.

Me too.
Grats MC
STATE CHAMP Wrote:You are right it was a great crowd and game atmosphere. Rowan did not make the plays down the stretch they had three drives in the 1st half inside the 15yd line and came away with 0 pts (missed two FG's from 34yds and 32yds). Hats off to Mason for battling to the end against a much improved Rowan defense. Pawsat under 100yds passing and Mason's total yds under 200.

Don't think the bolded part is true...one kid (Harris maybe) had around 130 yards rushing.

This game was played at a pretty high level. However, the thing that I was impressed with was the sportsmanship shown throughout the game. Very enjoyable game, played by some very classy kids and coaches from both sides.