Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chicago Cubs' Carlos Zambrano To Retire At The End Of 2012 Season
ST LOUIS -- Enjoying his best run of pitching in more than two years, the always-controversial Carlos Zambrano said after winning his ninth game of the season Wednesday that he will retire when his contract ends after the 2012 season.

"I told you the other day, this will be my last contract," Zambrano said. "This will be my last contract. I won't be playing anymore. I don't want to play anymore. Life is short. Sometimes you miss things with your family, like very important people, like my daughter. Sometimes you miss things in life because of baseball that you shouldn't miss. I want to be there any moment for my daughter and my family. Baseball takes a lot of time away from us."

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b5TZM

he does make sense. Life is too short and if your playing professional sports that's taking time away from spending it with your family when you could die just in a heart beat so he does make sense.
You have to respect someone that retires to be there for his family when he still has plenty left in the tank.
zaga_fan Wrote:You have to respect someone that retires to be there for his family when he still has plenty left in the tank.

I respect that part but honestly big Z doesnt have plenty left. He has about a quarter of a tank left.