Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KNOX CENTRAL JV vs CORBIN JV
KNOX 44 Corbin 12:ChairHit:
Congrats !! KNOX :Thumbs:
Nice work young Panthers.
Good win for the Young Panthers. I wish we played Corbin in Varsity this year. It would be a good win.

Dark clouds seem to be over Corbin in the future.
Nice win for the Panthers but I wouldn't look too much into it. The game between the varsity would be a good game this year but I would favor the Panthers. Corbin on the other hand has a bright future. You can't put a lot into JV games at Corbin. They are used to get people reps that don't get reps in practice. One thing I have always noticed, JV games and preseason varsity scrimmages are never taken serious at Corbin like a lot of schools.
HAROLD Wrote:Nice win for the Panthers but I wouldn't look too much into it. The game between the varsity would be a good game this year but I would favor the Panthers. Corbin on the other hand has a bright future. You can't put a lot into JV games at Corbin. They are used to get people reps that don't get reps in practice. One thing I have always noticed, JV games and preseason varsity scrimmages are never taken serious at Corbin like a lot of schools.

if you think so......
HAROLD Wrote:Nice win for the Panthers but I wouldn't look too much into it. The game between the varsity would be a good game this year but I would favor the Panthers. Corbin on the other hand has a bright future. You can't put a lot into JV games at Corbin. They are used to get people reps that don't get reps in practice. One thing I have always noticed, JV games and preseason varsity scrimmages are never taken serious at Corbin like a lot of schools.
all the ones i have been to in" any sport"have been all out battles,to the extent of parents even being ejected?and yes corbin was taking it serious.
highschoolfan Wrote:if you think so......

Corbin has a lot of underclassmen starting and/or seeing a significant varsity action. Not sure what their policy is on playing varsity players on JV but I would be surprised if they did. I agree, I wouldn't read too much into this. I'm more encouraged by the steady improvement KC has made since Coach Mills took over than the results of a JV game.
William Muney Wrote:Good win for the Young Panthers. I wish we played Corbin in Varsity this year. It would be a good win.

Dark clouds seem to be over Corbin in the future.

You must not be too in the know about Corbin's future. Corbin starts 4 sophomores and 1 freshman on offense and 4 sophomores on defense, with one starting both ways. I'm pretty sure these 8 kids are not playing JV, so it's really hard to judge this group from this game, although I'm sure they wanted to win and it is a big win for KC.
Corbin has the best numbers they have had in years out in the 8th, 9th and 10th grade classes, with several very good prospects.
I wasn't insinuating Corbin doesn't take the games serious. Sorry for the confusion on that. I know the kids out there on that field bust their tails and give their all. I was just talking about the staff doesn't put much emphasis on JV football. It is just used to give players who don't play on Friday night live reps to prepare them for a year or two down the road. The coaches want to win these games but trust me, there is no disappointment if they don't go in the win column. That was what I was alluding to.
Once again these type of games dont mean nothing. Good for the kids that dont see the field on Friday nights.