Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
75 points or 71 ??
Last week Lawrence Co. put up 75 points and all so many people got on here and just bashed the Dawgs for doing that. Last night Rowan Co. put up 71 and nobody seams to care. This just shows how people are looking at the dawgs just trying to put them down. Why is that? Are they worried do they just not like LC are they afraid. Like they say every Dog as it's day LC has had theirs and will have again someday. Every one is all over the weak schedule we have this year well just look at how it's starting to pan out. Rowan Co. is putting up big numbers and Greenup Co. is having one of their best season in years to me LC is going to have to fight hard to come away with another district tittle this year. neither Rowan or Greenup is just going to lay down. these teams feel like they can win the district and IMO just might be able to. I feel like Sheldon Clark is the best team on the schedule for the Dawgs and will be a very hard fought game in Inez KY. I can't wait till next Friday because I am with most every one else here I want to see just how good these Dawgs are. Good luck and Go Dawgs.
I'm a fan. Coach Salmons and crew have done something most coaches will never be tasked to do and would likely fail at if they were. He led the transformation of a program from winless to winner - overnight. And the scoreboard is just one part of the winning. LC has players from their program going to college. One kid (Junion lineman, Combs) already had D1 offers.

We (Knox) fully expect to see them in the playoffs this year to get to decide who will meet Bell to decide the King of the Mountains. Continue to beat the dust out of everybody you play LC. You have a top notch program that is the envy of many.
IMO there is no difference between 75 points, 71 points or 68 points. The main thing I look at is how long did the starters play. If the starters did not play more than one half, then I don't look at it as running up the score however if a team left their starters in during part of the 4th quarter, then yes I consider that running up the score.

I should also say that I do not know how long LC, RC or anyother team left their starters in the game, so I cannot say if either were running up the score or not.
Football1 Wrote:I'm a fan. Coach Salmons and crew have done something most coaches will never be tasked to do and would likely fail at if they were. He led the transformation of a program from winless to winner - overnight. And the scoreboard is just one part of the winning. LC has players from their program going to college. One kid (Junion lineman, Combs) already had D1 offers.

We (Knox) fully expect to see them in the playoffs this year to get to decide who will meet Bell to decide the King of the Mountains. Continue to beat the dust out of everybody you play LC. You have a top notch program that is the envy of many.
From what I been seeing and hearing you guy's are for real this year also. I listen to the JC game and was very impressed. Good luck the rest of the season and I to hope we can hook up in the play-offs this fall.
Congrats to Lawrence County on the game. Looking forward to battling out for a District title this year.
It's not that nobody cares. It's still running up the score. Anyone that scores more than 56 with the starters still in is running up the score. The difference is there's not 35 Rowan County fans on here talking smack every week. So the thread doesn't have the potential as a LC thread has.

By the way I've been hearing a rumor for a scheduling change that involves Raceland and Lawerence I hope it's true!
Old School Wrote:IMO there is no difference between 75 points, 71 points or 68 points. The main thing I look at is how long did the starters play. If the starters did not play more than one half, then I don't look at it as running up the score however if a team left their starters in during part of the 4th quarter, then yes I consider that running up the score.

I should also say that I do not know how long LC, RC or anyother team left their starters in the game, so I cannot say if either were running up the score or not.

This. Good Post.

Also, it was said that LC left their starters in for most of the 2nd half.
Old School Wrote:IMO there is no difference between 75 points, 71 points or 68 points. The main thing I look at is how long did the starters play. If the starters did not play more than one half, then I don't look at it as running up the score however if a team left their starters in during part of the 4th quarter, then yes I consider that running up the score.

Rowan was on-side kicking the majority of the game (even with the big lead). They also left their starters in until the beginning of the 4th quarter. The 2 things that bothered me as a fan was: 1) they called a timeout when they were up 42-7 to try and score again before the half and 2) when they were up 58-7 they scored on a half-back pass (with their starters in).
Ram Fan04 Wrote:It's not that nobody cares. It's still running up the score. Anyone that scores more than 56 with the starters still in is running up the score. The difference is there's not 35 Rowan County fans on here talking smack every week. So the thread doesn't have the potential as a LC thread has.

By the way I've been hearing a rumor for a scheduling change that involves Raceland and Lawerence I hope it's true!

Yeah, the reason why it's not really being talked about is because Rowan Co basically has no fan base on BGR.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
leecoukfan Wrote:Yeah, the reason why it's not really being talked about is because Rowan Co basically has no fan base on BGR.

And the fact that nobody besides the losing team cares about a blowout. I really thought we were over this after last week.
thecoacher Wrote:Rowan was on-side kicking the majority of the game (even with the big lead). They also left their starters in until the beginning of the 4th quarter. The 2 things that bothered me as a fan was: 1) they called a timeout when they were up 42-7 to try and score again before the half and 2) when they were up 58-7 they scored on a half-back pass (with their starters in).

If all this is true then they ran up the score. Worse than LC did i might add. There is no place for this sh*t in high school football. The two things in bold really bother me as a fan. And the second is alot like steve spurrier.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:If all this is true then they ran up the score. Worse than LC did i might add. There is no place for this sh*t in high school football. The two things in bold really bother me as a fan. And the second is alot like steve spurrier.

Couldn't have said it any better! This sounds much worse than what happened with LC.
Football1 Wrote:I'm a fan. Coach Salmons and crew have done something most coaches will never be tasked to do and would likely fail at if they were. He led the transformation of a program from winless to winner - overnight. And the scoreboard is just one part of the winning. LC has players from their program going to college. One kid (Junion lineman, Combs) already had D1 offers.

Appreciate the respect you bring toward LC. Nothing but respect for you. :notworthy
I think something that many BGR poster overlook is how many snaps your varsity offense gets to run. For example, I follow LC to every game. The first 2 games of the year every time we got the ball in the first half we would score in 5 plays or less. We would have runs from 50-80 yds for TD's. The coaching staff called different plays and formations and I dont think they tried to run the score up as much as Paintsville and Shelby Valley were waaaay outmatched (no disrespect). District play and the heart of our schedule is coming up and I think the staff needs to know what works and what doesnt. The problem was Neither team could stop anything. If they pulled starters in the 2nd qtr they would be walking in Sheldon Clark game with no clue of things that needed work.
This is high school sports... There is no such thing as running the score up. You score as much as you can, you beat teams as bad as you can. This is not middle school or elementary football where the object is to teach fundamentals. By now fundamentals should be learnt. I say you play until the clock stops, and the score is what it is. This is just one level below college ball. Prepare your team and find a way to stop people, the objective of the offensive side is to score.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:If all this is true then they ran up the score. Worse than LC did i might add. There is no place for this sh*t in high school football. The two things in bold really bother me as a fan. And the second is alot like steve spurrier.

My problems with all this... 1. Anyone that was truly watching the game would've seen that when the timeout was called, it was called when a player lost his shoes and he was going to line up without shoes... 2. The side kicks BTW were done by a FRESHMAN... 3. Is it running up the score when they're rotating between JV and Varsity the entire game???? Btw, the RC Jv's were playing against Fleming's Varsity.
RoShamBo Wrote:And the fact that nobody besides the losing team cares about a blowout. I really thought we were over this after last week.
See this is where you lose your argument, it wasn't the losing team that was causing all the problems on here about the score last week. That was the big thing it was everyone else that was complaining about the score. Just like this week you don't hear much from East Ridge other than from one individual, however, those from other teams sure have been on here chatting it up. Maybe that is why so many LC fans get on here to defend their team a bit. I don't like that we score so many on these teams but geez these last two opponents are going to be in our class next year it isn't like we're playing their middle school teams. LC may well lose next week, heck SC may blow them out and if so I'll be the first to say congrats to the cards. Doesn't mean I still won't complain about the result and things that happen but Its a game and someone has to lose and to me the score doesn't matter a loss is a loss and it hurts no matter what.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fleming county kept kicking the ball to cross(32) and he took them to the house;;;rowan only had 22 offense,,,,rowan has mason next week,,,abd needed the work to get ready,,,,,fleming is a big rival game,,but was not prepared,,,not rowans pr the dawgs fault other people can prepare,,, rowan has 6 starters on defense that have never played a down of varsity ball....we only have 5 seniors and 8 juniors i think....we start like 6 sophmores....teams prepare hard,,,if your going to play tams like rowan,,and the dawgs....you better goto work,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
No kid deserves to be embarrised or humiliated. 48-7 is a blow out, 71-6 in a running up.
I am used to this, I see it every Friday. I am immune to it. hahahaha
Don't know what the problem is here....Cross carried the ball 6 times; for 171 yards and 2 touchdowns, but only carried it 6 times. He had another 172 yards in the RETURN game with 2 touchdowns. Wing was 4-8 for 99 yards and a touch. Do those numbers look like anybody was running it up? Believe me, it could have been MUCH worse. Here's a stat for you...FC had 12 first downs and RC had 11. That should tell you that RC had a lot of 1 or 2 play touchdown "drives". Let's just face it; some teams aren't very good and the score gets out of hand when a good team plays a very bad team. I assume that is what happened in LC's case too.
Life ain't fare, so getting blown out is a good lesson in life. Some say that a kid doesn't deserve to be blown out,why not? If you bring something so inferior to the field you deserve what you get. These programs need to quit whining like little girls and do what it takes to bring themselves up to speed. Quit trying to bring excellence down to your level. Pathetic and very annoying indeed!
LC has done a great turn around from a few years ago everyone has to give them credit for that. my question is though now that they have the program on the right track are they going to start playing tougher teams. if your team is scoring the way they are they need to quit playing those teams and start scheduling teams where your starters will see more playing time and better players to get them better prepared for the playoffs. my opinion of the LC program will be on how they perform in hard fought games and if they will start playing tougher teams over the next few years.

as far as why you seem to feel that people on here have a problem with LC is threads like this. why bring this stuff up? all it does is create a negative atmosphere around LC threads on this board. you may make a 100 great responses on other threads but people will remember the negative complaining threads that you make.

you will never convince anyone on the internet that they are wrong with their opinion. my suggestion is dont try to change their opinion. just respond to threads in thoughtful, intelligent manner and most of the negative things will drop by the wayside.

He's referring to LC scoring 75 on a not very good SV team and left starters in till the 4th qtr.
Hazard put up 30 points on Paris in the 1st Q. I don't know what they did in the 2nd. The sec half the JV play. The score was 54-13. If Hazard want to, they could have score 100 or close to 100. But what good is that doing for the younger kids on the team.

If they put the JV team in, and they can't stop them. The only thing they can do is run the score up.