Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dixie Heights 41 Conner 26
final
Is Conner really down?
onner 0 6 7 14 26
Dixie Heights 13 7 14 7 41
Scoring summary:
D--Zeke Pike 26 run (Zach Bronner kick); D--Pike 11 run (kick failed); C--Michael Mueller 5 pass from Cy Smith (kick failed); D--Tyler Cohorn 30 pass from Pike (Bronner kick); D--Cohorn 8 pass from Pike (Bronner kick); D--Pike 1 run (Bronner kick); C--Jacob Mullderink 70 pass from Smith (Adam Nicol kick); D--Seth Brunn 9 run (Bronner kick); C--Cameron Fogle 9 pass from Smith (Nicol kick); C--Mueller 33 pass from Smith.
Records: Dixie Heights 2-2, Conner 3-1.
More details: Junior quarterback Zeke Pike ran for three touchdowns and passed for two to lead host Dixie Heights (2-2). Pike had 157 yards rushing on 20 carries, and he was 12-for-17 passing for 147 yards.
Conner (3-1), which suffered its first loss, was led by senior quarterback Cy Smith̢۪s 364 yards passing and four TDs.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z0zDyKxOQR
While the Dixie Heights football team was putting the finishing touches on a 41-26 home victory over Conner on Friday, Dixie boosters set four large rectangular cakes on a table in the school cafeteria.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll...309100119/

One of the cakes had green icing, white hash marks and the number 100 written in Dixie red.

"It’s for Coach Spritzky," one of the boosters said as she walked by a row of celebratory cupcakes. "All they gotta do is win."

The Colonels (2-2) knocked Conner (3-1) from the ranks of the unbeaten with a heavy dose of quarterback Zeke Pike, and gave head coach Tom Spritzky his 100th career win in his 16th season at Dixie.

"I’m so happy for him," said Pike, who finished 12 of 17 passing for 145 yards and two scores while adding 147 yards rushing on 19 carries and three more scores.

"I couldn’t play for a better coach."

Pike scored the first two touchdowns of the game on a 26-yard keeper and an 11-yard keeper to help put Dixie in control with a 13-0 lead.

"We came in wanting to run the ball with Zeke, Seth Bruns and Colin Justice, so they couldn’t key on one guy," Spritzky said.

Pike had a hand in Dixie’s first five scores. Bruns rushed for 148 yards on 18 carries and scored on a 9-yard run in the fourth quarter.

"It’s about the kids. I have a title, that’s it. So I get the wins," said Spritzky, Dixie’s all-time victory leader. "I wouldn’t be standing here right now if it weren’t for the people around me."

Pike hit Goose Cohorn (four catches, 60 yards) with a 29-yard touchdown pass in the second quarter as the Colonels, ranked seventh in the Enquirer Northern Kentucky coaches’ poll, took a 20-6 halftime lead against the eighth-ranked Cougars.

Pike hooked up with Cohorn again on a 5-yard third-quarter TD pass. Later in the quarter, Pike ran in from the 1 to help push the Colonels’ lead to 34-6, three plays after a Ryan Zumdick interception.

The Colonels totaled 462 yards of offense, 308 on the ground.

Conner was led by quarterback Cy Smith, who finished 26 of 36 passing for 377 yards and four touchdowns, including a 70-yard hook-up with Jacob Mullderink on the last play of the third quarter.

Mullderink had three catches for 83 yards and two scores. Camron Fogle led the Cougars with 11 catches for 157 yards.
Grats DH