Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay Co. 60 South Laurel 42
Did the Defense for these teams stay home tonight? Congrats Clay!
I'm sure either team is even allowed to let the defense travel with them. 100 points should make all the Linebackers on both teams have nightmares for a couple of weeks.

Congrats Clay. Hooker is the best reciever we have played all year. Excellent.
Has basketball season already started?

Congrats Tigers!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Has basketball season already started?

Congrats Tigers!

Looks like it has. That is 100 points in 2 games for Clay's offense but their defense has allowed around 70 in those 2 wins. Tough way to win.
102 points, fun game
congrats to CC
I'm suprised to see Clay give up this much points to South and there stagnant offense, still a good win for Clay, which is having a good season so far.
Congrats to Clay Co.
Clay Co. 6 21 20 13 60
South Laurel 14 14 0 15 42
Scoring summary:
CC--C.J. Miller 11 pass from John Wilson (kick failed); SL--John Brown 4 pass from Wade Boggs (Charles Mcwhorter kick); SL--Chris Byrd 28 pass from Boggs (Mcwhorter kick); CC--Miller 38 pass from Wilson (Wilson run); SL--Brown 10 pass from Boggs (Mcwhorter kick); CC--J.V. Hooker 20 pass from Wilson (T.J. Hoskins kick); SL--Boggs 1 run (Mcwhorter kick); CC--Hooker 26 pass from Wilson (kick failed); CC--Miller 9 run (Joey Dezarn run); CC--Miller 98 run (kick failed); CC--Hooker 50 pass from Wilson (run failed); SL--Tim Johnson safety; CC--Hooker 50 interception return (kick failed); CC--Travis Wombles 5 run (Hoskins kick); SL--Charles Mcwhorter 12 run (kick failed); SL--Johnson 8 run (kick failed).
Records--Clay Co. 3-1, South Laurel 0-4.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z0zDwVOdm5
Clay
Clay played a solid offensive game, they obviously need to tweak their D, having two key seniors out with injuries in Reid and Gilbert didn't help Clay's Defensive situation. We'd have to think Tanner Gilbert the Defensive leader and Captain being sidelined with an ankle sprain may have had a little to do with our defensive breakdowns.

South
They had some impressive passes in the first half, their line gave their QB time and their WR burnt our DB's bad. I was so impressed with South's Line and QB. Hang in there Cards you'll get it together.

Officiating.
This was a weird game and I'd like to know how many yards in penalties were called. These guys lost control a couple times. When rivals are playing its imperative that refs keep a tight grip on the game. The officials lost complete control of the game, and I'm not favoring one team over another, some of the issues that developed on the field last night were the craziest things I've ever seen. From an obvious incomplete pass being picked up and run around causing south to lose yardage risking the potential for injury, a football was on laying on the field off Clay's sideline during one of Hookers TD catches which a kid could have easily stepped on, to the Chain Gang walking off the field leaving the markers laying on the sideline with time left on the clock.
Oldtiger Wrote:Clay
Clay played a solid offensive game, they obviously need to tweak their D, having two key seniors out with injuries in Reid and Gilbert didn't help Clay's Defensive situation. We'd have to think Tanner Gilbert the Defensive leader and Captain being sidelined with an ankle sprain may have had a little to do with our defensive breakdowns.

South
They had some impressive passes in the first half, their line gave their QB time and their WR burnt our DB's bad. I was so impressed with South's Line and QB. Hang in there Cards you'll get it together.

Officiating.
This was a weird game and I'd like to know how many yards in penalties were called. These guys lost control a couple times. When rivals are playing its imperative that refs keep a tight grip on the game. The officials lost complete control of the game, and I'm not favoring one team over another, some of the issues that developed on the field last night were the craziest things I've ever seen. From an obvious incomplete pass being picked up and run around causing south to lose yardage risking the potential for injury, a football was on laying on the field off Clay's sideline during one of Hookers TD catches which a kid could have easily stepped on, to the Chain Gang walking off the field leaving the markers laying on the sideline with time left on the clock.
I never cease to be amazed at what you hear and see from officials. What does it take to get a man to simply do an honest job of making sure a contest follows a set of rules?

It is painful but true that refs often don't just make mistakes - they frequently determine outcome of games.
Oldtiger Wrote:Clay

South

Officiating.
Same crew that Clay had against M-Boro. Very inept is being kind. Threw 16 flags aginst Clay that game, 6 against M-Boro. and are assigned the Clay-South game. In a rivalry game like last night, they lost control quickly.
Big Tony

I'm glad someone agrees I'm not say anyone was cheated they weren't, I'm just saying the crew last night lost complete control and that causes tempers to flare on both teams and it just grows like wildfire. This crew should be removed from the game. Was there ever a time when 3 consecutive plays were ran that they didn't throw a flag
Congrats to the tigers!! but looks like neither team has a defense lol:lmao:
Congrats to Clay County!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Did anyone TRY to tackle? Just wondering, :lmao:
Wow Grats Clay
not alot of defence in this one.
wasnt the score of clay knox 9-6? what has happen to clay countys D or is knox county O not that great? but on the other side is knox county D that good holding clay to only 6 points?
I think you can always throw game one out the window, neither Clay nor Knox looked like much in that contest. Clay's D definitely need to start showing up if they plan on making any noise this year in their district.
devildawh20 Wrote:wasnt the score of clay knox 9-6? what has happen to clay countys D or is knox county O not that great? but on the other side is knox county D that good holding clay to only 6 points?
In the Clay game, Knox fumbled inside the 20 on drives where Knox was moving easily twice. Once right on the goal line. Add 14 penalties, nearly all on offense for stupid mistakes and you get the ugly O performance.
South had 6 turnovers in this game and clay still gave up 42.
Clay's first team D gave up 28. Not good but the fact that Clay had 2 starters out and 1 of those was Tanner Gilbert could have had something to do with there defensive woes. Clay basically has 9 new starters on defense. John Wilson and Tanner Gilbert are the only 2 full time starters that return from last year.
Clay defense was lost first half without Gilbert and Reid, but after halftime adjustments, South did not score again untill all of Clays starters out of the game about midway through the 4th qtr. South scored twice against Clays freshmen, the last coming on the last play of the game after calling timeout with 5 seconds to go when the game was clearly over and Clays end of the bench was in the game. They needed a penalty after time expired to get the extra play to score then. It was similar to the M'boro game, Clay defense struggled in first half but dominated the 2nd half.