Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cardinals Whip up on Reds In More Ways Than 1
Cardinals and Reds have a bench clearing brawl :redboxer: :ChairHit: before the game even gets started resulting in ejection of both managers. It started when Phillips came to bat in the 1st and Cards catcher Malina appears to have said somthing to Phillips who insulted the Cards the day before saying he hated the Cardinals and they were all complainers. After a 7 minute delay the game finally got under way. The Cards then hammered the Reds for the second straight night drawing even in the division race. Way to go Cards! :thatsfunn
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Cardinals and Reds have a bench clearing brawl :redboxer: :ChairHit: before the game even gets started resulting in ejection of both managers. It started when Phillips came to bat in the 1st and Cards catcher Malina appears to have said somthing to Phillips who insulted the Cards the day before saying he hated the Cardinals and they were all complainers. After a 7 minute delay the game finally got under way. The Cards then hammered the Reds for the second straight night drawing even in the division race. Way to go Cards! :thatsfunn

Hey there bud! Need to get the facts straight before posting... It was in the middle of the first inning after the Cardinals had scored on an error in the top of the 1st. Right? I would not call tonights game a whipping there bud. For the Cardinals to have such an amazing pitching staff and team way are they only tied with the Reds this late into the season? I guess they have been underachieving? Either way, EVEN IF the Reds are swept, it will continue to be a tight race at the top.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cardinals suck, and they're *******. Fight like girls.
Hey can a mod edit my bad word? lol, I thought it would. Sorry about that.
It must be in the Ohio River. It appears that the Reds have about as much class as the Bengals. They are in a race every 10 years and act like idiots.
vundy33 Wrote:Hey can a mod edit my bad word? lol, I thought it would. Sorry about that.
:thatsfunn
Epic post.
vundy33 Wrote:Hey can a mod edit my bad word? lol, I thought it would. Sorry about that.
:thatsfunn Done. I thought that word was in our filter as well. May need to get that added.
Scotty I promise you I'm not your bud, sour grapes there Scotty. This series is seperating the men from the boys. Phillips is learning a valuable lession, put up or shut up. Malina did both with a homer in the 2nd.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Scotty I promise you I'm not your bud, sour grapes there Scotty. This series is seperating the men from the boys. Phillips is learning a valuable lession, put up or shut up. Malina did both with a homer in the 2nd.

Who is Malina? The Cards' catcher's name is Molina.
I'm from WKY, what did you expect? Good to see you knew who I was talking about. Pick on Scotty he said "way are they only tied with the Reds". If the Cards break out the brooms today the Rednecks will be :flush: out of :1:. By the way you Redneck fans are sure fun to pick at
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Scotty I promise you I'm not your bud, sour grapes there Scotty. This series is seperating the men from the boys. Phillips is learning a valuable lession, put up or shut up. Malina did both with a homer in the 2nd.

MayfieldCardinal Wrote:I'm from WKY, what did you expect? Good to see you knew who I was talking about. Pick on Scotty he said "way are they only tied with the Reds". If the Cards break out the brooms today the Rednecks will be :flush: out of :1:. By the way you Redneck fans are sure fun to pick at

Sorry I guess I hit a nerve or something didnt I bud. WHAT IN THE HECK are you talking about as of last night that I said we are tied? How would that be when on both websites, ALL MLB sites, and newspapers as of this morning have then in a tie. Im pretty sure that we have one more win and one more loss than the Cardinals thus making it a tie RIGHT NOW in the division. Of course it will change after another game is played, that was kind of a pitiful statement. And judging how you went ahead and jumped at the post that said that brawl was the start of game you were also wrong then. So you may want to think about what you are saying before posting. As of right now (before this game is finished around 2:30) both teams are tied in the division AND the lil brawl did not happen "before the game even gets started," it was in the middle of the inning.
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
Looks like they are warming up the brooms, Go Cards! Scotty I was making reference to your type o just as he did with my spellimg of Molina. I am just picking at you Scotty no real hard feelings I hope. All of WKY is Cardinal Country, due to St Louis being the closest ML team just as Central and EKY is Reds Country.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Looks like they are warming up the brooms, Go Cards! Scotty I was making reference to your type o just as he did with my spellimg of Molina. I am just picking at you Scotty no real hard feelings I hope. All of WKY is Cardinal Country, due to St Louis being the closest ML team just as Central and EKY is Reds Country.

Just about true about the brooms. I was listening to the game when Arroyo started to unravel.... All with two outs..* sigh. Double to Jay, intentional walk Big Al, walk to Holliday, and then the grandy to Rasmus! As always Cardinals' pitching has been absolutely amazing and I hope it does not continue Wink I do not like the Cardinals as I do not like North Carolina but man, I really do respect both more than I would say most fans. Either way it is going to be a fun race and I do not expect the Reds to fade or anything.
[SIZE="4"]
Molina just made the Reds pay again, 5-0 and now 6-0 after another hit. This 1 is over. Lesson to Phillips, don't tik off Molina, he pays back with his bat
Looks like and sounds like a rain delay could happen
well after losing a 2 game lead with the cardinals taking their brooms out our poor guys should worry about on field issues instead of off field
Congrats to the Cardinals, they came out and played their best ball against the Reds. I think that the Reds will be alright but they missed a HUGE opportunity to get some games on the Cardinals. I think that both teams will be there for the end make for a huge race!!
[SIZE="4"]
vundy33 Wrote:Cardinals suck, and they're *******. Fight like girls.

:Clap:
Cards are getting more healthy. I look for them to slowly pull away and this young Reds team to crumble down the stretch. IMO the Reds will be ready to make that playoff run next year.
i just hope this is a wake up call
Beasy I am sure it is!!! I dont know if they will WAKE UP against an ace pitcher like Josh Johnson but I think that they will be able to forget this and get on a good tare and keep this a close race down the stretch.
[SIZE="4"]
Shady Grady Wrote:It must be in the Ohio River. It appears that the Reds have about as much class as the Bengals. They are in a race every 10 years and act like idiots.

What are you talking about? The Cardinals are as equally responsible for this brawl as the Reds. By watching the replays of the incident, there don't appear to be many angels on either side. It started out as a shouting match between Phillips and Molina, and then both teams allowed it to escalate into something more.

However, I will say that LaRussa, Carpenter, and Larue really come off sounding whiny after the game, trying to put all the blame at the Reds' feet. They were at fault too, and if Larue didn't want to get hurt, he should've stayed in the dugout.

And as for the Bengals, don't worry about them, at least they haven't been out doing any rapin' this offseason. Might want to tell Big Ben to keep his pants on from now on. :Thumbs:
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
From my point of view, Brandon Phillips should have never opened his mouth. He could've said something much more lighter to heat up the rivalry, but he went over the edge and tapping his bat against Molina's chin pad just made it worse. I've been told he does it every game, but he made that comment about the Cards before the series. The Cardinals made a statement in this series and the Reds, nor Brandon Phillips could back up his statements.

This is from an outsiders point of view, because I could care less about either team.